Screening calls on my ad. - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by The Donald on June 22, 2000 at 17:48:21:

In so long as you’re in CONTROL of the situation, yes.
Remain focused on what YOU want out of the transaction and you’ll be fine.

Schedule all your showings at the same time - say, 5 to 10 buyers at once. This creates a feeling of urgency - especially if your home is worth the money you’re asking. Plus, your time spent on showings is drastically reduced.

I’m not sure whom you’re marketing to though. Is this an outright sale, or a rent-to-own - what’s your strategy?

Assuming the market is lively, and your property is priced accordingly, there shouldn’t be much problem here.

Good Luck :slight_smile:

Screening calls on my ad. - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on June 22, 2000 at 14:26:11:

What do you guys think about this. I am marketing a house that I have under contract in our local paper. I have received a decent response to the ad. However, when the callers ask if they can see the house I first ask them have they been pre-qualified for a loan, what type of credit do they have, how much can they afford to put down as a down payment? I then tell them to do a drive by to see if they neighborhood is appealing to them. I also am sending the individuals to a broker that has lenders that will fund flip contracts.

Am I going about it the right way?

Much Success,
Shenesa

Re: Screening calls on my ad. - Posted by dew

Posted by dew on June 22, 2000 at 23:32:32:

Why are you asking if they are prequalified? What does your ad say…are you asking questions that are consistent with what you are advertising for, or are you just “asking questions”??? If you are targeting people with bad credit as your buyer/renter, they probably can’t get prequalified. You are supposed to be solving their housing problem.