SDI (LeGrand) shakeup , 20k deal, - Posted by chris

Posted by Steve on May 09, 1999 at 21:23:59:

Mr. Robber

I get the sense that alot of folks at this site like Legrand. Although I have read a few not-so-impressed posts. When and where did you go to see Legrand? Was Legrand boring? Who was actually presenting? If you do not recommend him, who do you recommend?

Steve

SDI (LeGrand) shakeup , 20k deal, - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on May 07, 1999 at 24:48:40:

Does anybody know what happened over at camp LeGrand? His website is missing half the stuff it used to have. Looks like Shawn Casey is gone. Ditto for J. Fletcher. I’m not even sure Ron is still over at SDI anymore, I can’t find his face on the website these days. … Also, what do you people think about Rons advice that rehab deals should not be bothered w/unless it’s has 20k profit in it for the rehaber? In todays hot market isn’t it a little more difficult to get those low ball offers accepted? Would I be stupid to do a deal for 16k , or even 12k ? … The competition seems to be heating up as well. It seems as if one snoozes for even a few hours , his / her deal will be taken by some other investor. Early bird makes the geek.

Re: SDI (LeGrand) shakeup , 20k deal, - Posted by BankRobber

Posted by BankRobber on May 08, 1999 at 22:16:58:

I do not know anything about that LeGrande guy (oh yea, I did attend a seminar of his for 15 minutes before I became bored to tears, even the sugar rush from the free donuts was not sufficent to keep my eyes open). In my market there are a lot of people who will not touch a deal unless they can net/net/net 20K. These people spend a lot of time spinning their wheels. I do not consider these people investors, let alone competition.

p.s.: what the hay does “early bird makes the geek” mean.

Re: SDI (LeGrand) shakeup , 20k deal, - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on May 07, 1999 at 21:58:50:

We use a generic formula relating to the property value
Houses with resale under 50K = 10K profit minimum
50-100K = 20K profit minimum
100K up depends but usually no less than 25K net profit
The market is crowded by would be investors many do not know the true costs of staying in business and as you talk to many many people you will hear “I used to rehab houses” the key work “used to” because they did not make the profit. Rehabbing is not as easy as it sounds so please be cautious and do not get impatient. There is a LOT of money to be made but not all in one day.
The deal we are working on now will net 300K after resale. I still am not completely sure we will do the deal because of the risks involved.
Pat

Re: SDI (LeGrand) shakeup , 20k deal, - Posted by John Estell(Denver)

Posted by John Estell(Denver) on May 07, 1999 at 10:00:45:

I’d take 12 to 16K but then I’m new at the game. Maybe after my first million then I’ll be picky. I’d think the money would be what is right for you and not what someone else thinks.

Re: SDI (LeGrand) shakeup , 20k deal, - Posted by Gladys_IL

Posted by Gladys_IL on May 07, 1999 at 07:44:48:

LeGrands site is being updated and changed some what, is what we were told at his workshop.He is still there.Email the company for more info.
I personnally do not think it would be stupid if you know you can make even $12k its a deal and still money you can use for anouther if need be.
Gladys
I do use LeGrands course and I think it is great