Searching for homeowners.. - Posted by LT (MI)

Posted by Kristine-CA on June 30, 2003 at 12:45:21:

The information about the last owner of record is in your county. The tax collector or whatever the property tax entity is called in your area will have the name and address of where they send the tax bill. This is public information. That’s a start.

After you find that info, the fun really begins. Check the archives on this site for info about abandoned properties, missing owners, vacant properties. Also, read Joe Kaiser’s article in the articles section on finding property owners.

Happy hunting. Sincerely, Kristine

Searching for homeowners… - Posted by LT (MI)

Posted by LT (MI) on June 30, 2003 at 11:25:14:

Hello everyone, I currently came across a home that looks like it’s abandoned. I tried talking to the neighgbors to see who owns the home, but they say that they do not know. I was wondering does anyone have any infomation they could share with me far as what search methods I can use in finding the homeowners.

Thanks in advance!!
LT

Re: Searching for homeowners… - Posted by Alex F. (CA)

Posted by Alex F. (CA) on June 30, 2003 at 18:06:56:

What I do is contact a Title Rep. It’s the easiest way to pull a profile on the house and find the history and who owns it. The best thing of all is, it’s for free, but you have to give them future business. Having a title rep is an essential part of my real estate investing team.

Alex F. (CA)