Section 8--Deed of Trust--& Management Co. - Posted by chris

Posted by James - Mich on June 03, 2008 at 05:19:10:

Yes, they sometimes will require one to get the paperwork done. I tell them they can go check it out at county records as it is public knowledge (if I really don’t care of the Sect8 tenant rents or I have reservations about them).

Sometimes they use it to claify the ownership if there’s a company name or trust involved. It’s just part of dealing with the government. :confused:

James

Section 8–Deed of Trust–& Management Co. - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on June 02, 2008 at 18:35:44:

I recently received a message from my management company regarding a vacant unit and potential section 8 tenant. The Co. indicated that the City is requesting a copy of our deed of trust as part of there processing of the application. Has anyone heard of this practice? If so, why would they want the information. I’ll probably contact them sometime this week but the situation seems strange.

Thanks for any insight

Re: Section 8–Deed of Trust–& Management Co. - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on June 03, 2008 at 21:44:40:

They are just looking for proof of ownership to prevent fraud. When it is a MH, they want a copy of the title, if there is one. It’s just part of the process in order to get that lovely month check.

Tye (who is looking forward to a Section 8 inspection tomorrow)

Just remember that government is - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on June 03, 2008 at 16:20:03:

welfare for college grads and you will set your expectations as to the quality of the work and procedures appropriately to what you will experience.

Re: Section 8–Deed of Trust–& Management Co. - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on June 03, 2008 at 08:53:41:

Thanks for the responses. It just seemed odd that this information was necessary, but I guess that is part of doing business with the govt.

Deed v. Deed of Trust - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on June 03, 2008 at 06:12:46:

I’ve had agencies require proof of ownership, which can be satisfied with a deed or closing statement. but never a deed of trust. why would an agency care who the lender is? perhaps the case worker misspoke. they are not terribly sophisticated people.