section 8 Landlords - Posted by JKF

Posted by David Krulac on March 24, 2011 at 06:57:51:

available properties. that list is usually at the office on a bulliten board or even online. That lsit doesn’t tell you every landlord only the ones with current vacancies. But that list might be better, because if the landlord is having problems renting they may be more inclined to sell.

section 8 Landlords - Posted by JKF

Posted by JKF on March 22, 2011 at 11:04:01:

Does anyone know how I can get a list of section 8 landlords?

Re: section 8 Landlords - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on March 22, 2011 at 12:03:22:

I doubt that there is a list of landlords, as I suspect that there are
privacy issues for the Housing Authorities. But you can definitely work
backwards from the rental listings. In both my farm area and home
town the Housing Authorities have Section-8 listings on their website.
It’s easy enough to see who owns the property if you have access to
the data online.

All that being said, I wonder what parts of the S8 program are public
info.

What is it you are trying to do? Do you want to market to S8 landlords?

Becoming scarce here - Posted by DJ-nyc

Posted by DJ-nyc on March 24, 2011 at 16:34:01:

In NYC Section 8 and government programs are becoming scarce. The Government is cutting back on these rent subsidies. The people that have it are okay; but they are not accepting new applications. Our Billionaire mayor and his friends are chasing the poor and Middle class out of NYC.

The Social workers are supposed to have confidentiality dealing with their clients. LOL
DJ-nyc

Re: section 8 Landlords - Posted by JKF

Posted by JKF on March 22, 2011 at 12:44:18:

Yes, I intend to market to section 8 landlords. Three years ago I kissed up to a a receptionist at the housing authority who gave me a list. I am having no such luck this time around. I was going to use my same list but I cannot find it. I get at least 2 calls a week from sellers who have houses in not so desirable neighborhoods. The sellers are just about ready to give the homes away. I usually do not give them the time a day but I feel like I am leaving money on the table. Houses in those neighborhoods are full of section 8 tenants.

Re: Becoming scarce here - Posted by JKF

Posted by JKF on March 28, 2011 at 17:34:59:

I just found out that 500 people are on the waiting list for section 8 housing and housing is no longer accepting applications. This may be a under the table way of shutting down the program.