Section 8 - Posted by Scott

Posted by USA-1 (TN) on September 23, 2004 at 14:02:10:

Remember that the “fair market rents” set forth by HUD include all utilites Electric + water + gas. Unless you pay these you have to back out an estimate for these from their rent estimate to get the actual. Most end up at or below market. Go to www.huduser.org they have the 2005 fair market rents out and read all of the text descriptions.

Section 8 - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on September 21, 2004 at 13:47:12:

I have searched the archives and I have found a ton of information. In my market Section 8 pays roughly $200 more per month than the market rent ($450/$650). From my readings it appears a lot of areas do not have this large of a difference. With these types of numbers is it logical to pursue section 8 housing. I drove the neighborhood last night (couple of Duplex’s available) and its a little beat up but not too bad. I did see some new construction so it looks like someone is putting money in the neighborhood (good Sign). Anyone in the Tampa area deal with section 8? Thanks in advance for the replies and information.

Scott

Re: Section 8 - Posted by USA-1 (TN)

Posted by USA-1 (TN) on September 23, 2004 at 14:35:19:

Remember that the “fair market rents” set forth by HUD include all utilites Electric + water + gas. Unless you pay these you have to back out an estimate for these from their rent estimate to get the actual. Most end up at or below market. Go to www.huduser.org they have the 2005 fair market rents out and read all of the text descriptions.