Seeking advice - Posted by Joe Miller

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 17, 2002 at 11:41:27:

Avery Hodge----------------

You say: "PLEASE HELP ME !!! " Sorry, you are the only one who will help you. And it may take you several years to get where you can support yourself with real estate. Real Estate is not MaGiC. It requires effort and knowledge.

If you are desperate to get out of your current job, you might want to consider getting a different job to tide you over until you can learn enough to earn enough with real estate to support yourself. There may be some real estate investment approaches with which you could be free of your job in a few months. You would do well to spend several hours a day reading the postings and the archives, plus the how to articles here on CREONLINE.COM to learn what they are and how they work.

Sorry that reality does not correspond to your desires. But the reality does not change. Only you can make it happen. “If it is to be, it is up to me.”

Good Investing****************Ron Starr**************

Seeking advice - Posted by Joe Miller

Posted by Joe Miller on October 10, 2001 at 01:52:19:

Howdy all! Great site here. Seem like some really good people involved in these posts. I’ve been studying back post for a few days now. OK HERES my situation and MY QUESTION.

I’m 21 years old, own my own service business here in Seattle which is doing ok, but nothing to brag about. I have Spotless credit since the day i turned 18. A little money saved, but more importantly i have relatives that are very supportive in my endeavors and probably will be willing to loan me several thousand dollars if a deal looks good. The avg. home around here is 268,000 so i probably will need to go 1-3 hours outside Seattle to find homes around 100,000 or less.
I’m just getting my feet wet and Im studying as if its finals week in school. Other then study my butt off what SHOULD i do to get started in RE Investing? SHould I emerse myself for a year studying and let the economy stabilize or would it be better to start looking for deals and jump on one if it comes up soon so i can gain “real world experience”? I wanted to focus on mainly 2,3,4 plexes for rentals and flipping single family homes.
thanks for any advice and if anyone needs advice on exterior home cleaning(roofs,siding,pressure washing, etc) feel free to e-mail me cause thats my business,
Joe M.

Re: Seeking advice - Posted by Edd Lay

Posted by Edd Lay on October 10, 2001 at 22:55:02:

Joe,

Follow Ron’s advice and read his and John Boys beginner guide posts.

I have a broker in the Seattle area that we buy notes from and he is doing about 25 houses a year. If he can do it so can you.

If you think that real estate is expensive you should see some of the stuff I buy from CA.

See ya,

Edd

Re: Seeking advice - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on October 10, 2001 at 21:42:30:

Joe Miller------------------

You sound like you could be a big success in real estate investing. I wonder if you have seen my and JohnBoy’s posts about how to get started? Mine can be found by putting in “beginners success” on the search function of the main bulletinboard of CREONLINE.COM .

I won’t repeat the advice there. The questions that you suggest may well be good ways to go. You might also try to figure out a way to work the local market just for efficiencies sake. There is no reason to limit yourself to under $100K properties, if you can either get positive cashflow or make a profit on the quick resell deals.

Keep going the way you are going, I predict great things for you.

Good Investing*************Ron Starr**************

Re: Seeking advice - Posted by avery hodge

Posted by avery hodge on July 17, 2002 at 11:17:32:

I’M A NEWBIE AND MY CREDIT IS BAD, NO MONEY AND VERY LITTLE KNOWLEDGE. I’M STILL LEARNING AND AM DESPERATE
TO GET STARTED DURING SOMETHING. I’M IN MYLEARNING PHASE OF2 MONTHS. I’VE JOINED THE CARLETON SHEETS COACHING PROGRAM AND I HAVE THE HOW TO BUY FORECLOSURE
COURSE FROM LANCE YOUNG SO YOU CAN TELL HOW DESPARATE I AM. I SAID THIS TO ASK THIS, I WAS CONSIDERING PRE-FORCLOSURES IN NEW YORK. I REALLY DON’T FEEL COMFORTABLE AND I READ WHERE RON STARR SAID IT WOULD TAKE ME A WHILE TO REALLY SEE SOME MONEY DOING THIS.
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET ME OUT OF MY JOB QUICKLY, I’M READY TO LEAVE. PLEASE HELP ME !!!