Posted by Doug Pretorius on May 05, 2000 at 23:07:30:
Somebody came in today with a much better offer (I’ll have to wait and see what it was because they obviously aren’t going to tell me right now!)
As for the other house which I went to see today, we couldn’t get in. Apparently the tenants are hoping to stay rent-free indefinately.
Anyway, I asked my agent to make a $70,500 offer (I know, still too high.) which he won’t even do. He’s going to just ask the sellers if they would look at an offer like that.
Oh well, I think he’s had it with me now So next week I’ll put an ad in the paper and start putting up signs or something I guess: “We buy houses FAST! No agents, any condition, any price.” Should get lots of worthless calls, but hopefully I’ll get something good too.