"Seller Beware" Colorado articles - Posted by Richard Roop

Posted by Richard Roop on March 05, 2001 at 14:26:46:

Leslie:

If you get a deed from the property owner or buy a recorded lien, you get the redemption rights which go with that position…so…yes.

Richard

“Seller Beware” Colorado articles - Posted by Richard Roop

Posted by Richard Roop on March 02, 2001 at 18:09:54:

Do you want to learn what NOT to do?

Check out the series of articles in the Denver Post this week warning people about unsavory tactics by some foreclosure investors.

Here is the main Feb. 25th article which provides links to all the other articles from this week:

http://www.denverpost.com/business/fore0225.htm

I buy a lot of houses and I found the articles very worth reading, especially for understanding the foreclosure process as it is in Colorado.

I wanted to pass it on before they pull it off the web and perhaps use it to fuel some discussion on doing ethical business as a real estate entreprenuer.

Re: “Seller Beware” Colorado articles - Posted by Surfdog

Posted by Surfdog on March 02, 2001 at 22:10:18:

WOW! Am I glad I deal with foreclosures at the auction and from the banks; I don’t want to be lumped in with the bloody vultures.

See below and question about 75-day period. - Posted by John J.

Posted by John J. on March 02, 2001 at 21:43:12:

This series was discussed below at:
Front page news - Denver foreclosure scams - Bob H 22:03:25 02/26/01 (10).

I found the diagram (Foreclosure 101) interesting. If I understood it right, it show that for 75 days after the trustee sale the owner as well as other lienholders can still legally purchase the property. Is this common in other states? When I have buy trustee sale properties, I go in the next day and start working on it. I could not do so if for 75 days someone can show up and legally claim ownership to the property.

Re: See below and question about 75-day period. - Posted by Richard Roop

Posted by Richard Roop on March 02, 2001 at 23:22:49:

That is the problem of bidding at the sale in Colorado. If their is equity you will likely get paid off (owner or leinholder redeems). Best to buy before sale date from owner or from bank after the redeemption period.

buy the redemption - Posted by leslie a. bates

Posted by leslie a. bates on March 04, 2001 at 23:29:41:

i am wondering if you can buy the redemption rights?