Seller called back after two months - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by Ernest Tew on June 11, 2000 at 07:21:24:

It appears that you have reason to be cautious. If, after considering all the numbers, you still want to buy the mobile home, I would suggest first obtaining a satisfactory written agreement from the park owner or manager. Ask for an agreement to allow the home to stay in the park as long as it is maintained, lot rent at the going rate is paid on time, and residents of the home abide by the park rules. It will help, of course, if you can maintain a friendly relationship with the park owner/manager. If not, you may want to either pass the deal up or plan on moving it to another site.

Seller called back after two months - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on June 10, 2000 at 22:41:26:

Hello All,(This is a long one-sorry)
I had talked to this lady about 2 months ago, she had for sale 3/2-1983-14x65 Manor, small porch front and back and fenced yard. It’s in a park it’s really 3 mobiles on 2 acres. She wanted $7,500, she told me that the mobile could stay in the park. I didn’t look at it at that time, told her I couldn’t give her that much but to keep my number. She called today and asked me if I would please look at it (she’s going to school in another city in Aug.). Hubby and I looked at it, no weak floors, CA& H, a little rough on the outside has a tin roof, no signs of leaking, refrig, stove and diswasher stays with it. Some alterations have been done with the other two bedrooms, a wall has been moved for what reason we can’t tell, but it took out the closets. So the two bedrooms have no closets. She’s now asking $5,800.00 her dad told her how much (she’s a single mother-parents help her out)
Now my real question:
The woman that has the park called me right after this girl did two months ago telling me she was buying the park and would be going up on lot space (lot space $100 a month now) but she wanted to sell me the two acres with a 1992 mobile on it with three spaces. She wanted-- now get this $65K!!!In my area that price is WAY too high (probably worth $15K for everything). I told her no thanks. Well I find out later she has owned this park for at least a year??? Came by my house a week ago with hand written ad for the property with $65K firm on it? I’d already told her no. I don’t want to move another mobile (learned my lesson on the first one) I’m worried about buying this mobile and then this women tells me I have to move it. Any words of wisdom or am I at her mercy because it’s her park. She has NO rules
or regs for these spaces.
Thanks to all, I hope that you all can understand my rambles
Dee-Texas

Re: Seller called back after two months - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on June 12, 2000 at 10:03:32:

Hi Dee,

I’d agree with Ernest. Sounds like the owner of the park is really pushing hard for you to buy it. If you don’t buy it at her inflated price, I can see where she could make life miserable for you. Threatening to keep on increasing rents, possibly making you move the home. And yes, like me, I’ll never move another one. LOL.

I’d pass on the deal due to the situation with the park owner. She could really hold you hostage here in the future.