seller sold(?) MH to dealer-Now What? - Posted by Brian, WI

Posted by Tony-VA on February 28, 2002 at 13:35:52:

They Seller probably got desperate and called a Dealer (Or Broker) who sweet talked them into believing that they can sell the home for top dollar (minus commission and time). Chances are the Dealership did not buy this home unless they took it in on trade.

You may just want to ride this one out and do a little homework. If the home is located in a park, then ask the park manager, they will likely know what is going on.

If the Seller is still paying lot rent you may be able to pick up that home when/if the listing expires.

Tony

seller sold(?) MH to dealer-Now What? - Posted by Brian, WI

Posted by Brian, WI on February 28, 2002 at 10:24:53:

I’ve been talking with the seller of a MH home recently and he was calling everyday asking what I would offer(you may have saw my post on that). Well I just drove by this MH which has been vacant, and now instead of a For Sale By Owner sign in the window, there is a “dealer” for sale sign.

Would that mean the seller is having the dealer trying to sell the MH? If so, who pays the lot rent?

Or

Did the dealer buy the MH and they are now trying to resell?

Either way, should I call the seller back to see if he sold to the dealer and if so, for how much?

Below is this dealers ad that is always in the paper:

37 MOBILES in 18 parks. Come to 1234 So. Anystreet, loans too! see new/used. Badgerland 123-456-7890.

Your thoughts, questions, concerns?

Thanks

Brian, WI