Sellers Mortgage Information - Posted by jimbo

Posted by Greg NY on March 13, 2001 at 09:33:34:

Hi,

My experience with this is, when a seller calls me, if he is motivated he will tell.

If someone truly wants out they will tell you their wife’s favorite position if they think you can help them – It all comes back to MOTIVATION.

Greg NY

ps. I’m just a newbie but I think thats the truth :slight_smile:

Sellers Mortgage Information - Posted by jimbo

Posted by jimbo on March 13, 2001 at 08:27:35:

Hello Everyone…Ihave just bought and am into the second pass through the material in the basic course. Every time that I come to view the postings on this bulletin board I am encouraged and fired up. So for that I would like to thank you all for your kindness and professionalism. My question is part of the value analysis of a property involves asking the seller for his mortgage information (terms, balance, assumability etc…) and in my opinion I feel that it would be difficult to wrest this sensitive information from a seller. My wife who used to be a realtor (she’s now a homemaker bless her heart) feels that if that question is involved in a discussion of a property any seller would terminate further conversations with the proverbial buhbye. It would stand to reason that this would be one of the closely held cards in the sellers hand. Perhaps the “traditional” inflexible seller would not disclose this but maybe 50% of the upper 15% flexible sellers would give this freely, the other fifty requiring a little effort to get this (making it a condition of sale). I just feel that this may be one of the sticking points and am interested in what percentage of contacts give this freely, and how do you behoove, if you will, the seller to disclose this info. I look forward to being a regular on this board and exchanging experiences, struggles, and victories with you.