Selling Land - Posted by Bryce

Posted by Chris WFL on May 04, 2007 at 21:40:16:

Bryce
Not sure that I would be much help but would be happy to do anything that I can. I am more familiar with sarasota and manatee counties but know a bit about down there. I know a fe people that have bought quite a bit of stuff down there also.

Email me at the email above and I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Take the no spam out? cculhane@

Thanks
Chris

Selling Land - Posted by Bryce

Posted by Bryce on May 03, 2007 at 11:42:27:

We have 40 acres available in the Charlotte County Florida area but have not been able to sell. Does anyone have any good ideas as to how to market the land.

Re: Selling Land - Posted by George

Posted by George on May 06, 2007 at 01:39:37:

It’s more applicable to commercial, but you might at least check out Loopnet.com

Re: Selling Land - Posted by Harold

Posted by Harold on May 04, 2007 at 13:10:39:

To be blunt you are pretty much screwed. No one is buying large tracts of land right now in Florida unless it has immediate development potential. If its speculative in any way forget about it. You should be prepared to hold it for the next 5-10 years if you want to sell it. Just being honest.

Re: Selling Land - Posted by Chris WFL

Posted by Chris WFL on May 03, 2007 at 22:38:57:

Bryce
Are you from WFL. Do you know what is going on in Charlotte County? A few developers went bust. I think the developer that was using coast bank hosed them for 120 mil. Lots of speculators down there in the run up. You can really pick up some good deals down there right now if you are willing to hold onto them for a while.

Do you have this property listed with a realtor? Is it all non-scrub jay? Where is it located? In the sticks??

Most of the big boys that wanted anything down there already have what they want. You can try some of the companies that say they bank land like adlergroup etc?

Good luck. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Chris

Re: Selling Land - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on May 03, 2007 at 12:56:34:

Bryce,
I would drive aorund and get the names of all the builders that are building, or have built in the past few years, in a certain radius. I would then make up a flyer and fax it to them. That’s what I usually do with vacant lots.

Michaela

Re: Selling Land - Posted by Bryce

Posted by Bryce on May 04, 2007 at 20:47:32:

Chris,

We appreciate your input. We are not realtors. However, if you can assist us buy finding a buyer for this parcel you will be compensated handsomely. I will be coming to Fla to do some research on my own from the 14th ? 17th. If you are available any of those days, I would like to speak with you to ask a few questions of the market in that part of Fla. Please give me a call 440-308-1078