Selling tenant occupied sfh - Posted by Maria

Posted by Will on September 15, 2005 at 01:14:24:

How much is the rent?

If the tenants aren’t paying market rent or if they aren’t paying enough to cover payments for an investor, it may be kind of tough to get a market price out of it, I’d think.

Personally, I don’t mind buying a rented property (although I’ve had better luck with tenants I find). But I wouldn’t want to live with a lease that doesn’t work for me.

Selling tenant occupied sfh - Posted by Maria

Posted by Maria on September 14, 2005 at 22:36:37:

I have a sfh 3/2/1 pool that I wanted to sell. The tenants (who still have about 7 months left on their lease)wanted to buy it. Well it turns out with there scores etc they could not get financing that they would be able to afford payments. I have some family things coming up and would really like to liquidate this home. I owe $84,000 and comps are in the $165,00-170,000 range. Can I sell it with a tenant ? Any suggestions to sell it in a reasonable time frame? Or in your experience will it not sell well with a tenant. Home is in great condition tenant is great and keeps home super clean. I just am worried the normal owner occupant wont be interested and wondered if that will be a problem? Any experience will this? I am fl on west coast. Maria