Seminar advice from attendees please? - Posted by Todd (AZ)

Posted by Todd (AZ) on March 09, 2006 at 15:06:47:

Thanks to both you and Anne and any others who may jump in with advice. Todd (AZ)

Seminar advice from attendees please? - Posted by Todd (AZ)

Posted by Todd (AZ) on March 09, 2006 at 24:14:06:

Hi all, I’m hoping to get some advice from those that have been here longer than myself. I see that the creonline convention is coming up in May (Atlanta). I also understand Tony/Scott may have a seminar later this year. And, perhaps there is another I do not currently know about. My question is, if you were to go to ONE seminar only for the year, which would it be? My current interests are in Lonnie deals and land/homes. I like the idea of spending time with Lonnie, Tony, and Scott for an entire weekend and am somewhat confused/concerned as to how much (or little) they are actually going to speak at the CREONLINE seminar. I also sense I’d get more direct help/information from a smaller group setting vs. the larger creonline setting. And, last but not least, those dates in May will be difficult for me to get off of work. However, if the majority here say the creonline seminar is the MUST attend seminar of the year, I could make it. Now, I realize its gonna be tough for some folks to pick one or the other in mixed company here but I hope to get a feel for the ONE seminar to go to this year. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thank you to whomever responds (darn, only 30 minutes until the “view today’s messages” changes? I hope this gets read). Thanks, Todd (AZ)

Re: Seminar advice from attendees please? - Posted by JeffB (MI)

Posted by JeffB (MI) on March 10, 2006 at 07:10:08:

They are both fantastic in their own way. I found the CRE convention to be great from the standpoint that you meet a ton of different people, have a variety of topics which are covered, and it’s highly motivational.

Tony and Scott’s bootcamp is also great because it offers so much detail and real world experience on all things MH, and because of the very small group size and ability to ask as many questions as you like.

If you’re having trouble getting off the couch, I’d go to Atlanta (this is what got me off the couch last year). If you’re doing Lonnie deals but want to take it to the next level, go to the bootcamp.

Re: Seminar advice from attendees please? - Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine)

Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine) on March 09, 2006 at 17:38:01:

If you are interested in Mobile Home learning, then the easy answer is, Scott and Tony’s Bootcamp. The bottom line is that the CREOnline Convention doesn’t have any mobile home speakets. While Scott and Tony’s bootcamp is three days of speakers. I’m not sure why Terry and JP aren’t recognizing the mobile home investors. I am thankful for this forum and thankful for Lonnie, Karl, Tony, and Scott talking at last years convention. I won’t be going to this years because of the lack of mobile home speakers.

Hopefully, I’ll see you in Sept.

Best investing, Chris

Re: Seminar advice from attendees please? - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on March 09, 2006 at 08:43:13:

Lonnie and I will be attending the CRE convention but will not be speaking per se. Mostly just there to see old friends and make some new ones while relaxing.

Scott will not be able to attend the CRE convention this year.

We will be have a Land/Home, Small park boot camp in Sept (date to be announced).

You will not regret attending the CRE convention and I hope the same is said of our boot camp.

Tony

Re: Seminar advice from attendees please? - Posted by Anne_LLC

Posted by Anne_LLC on March 09, 2006 at 06:56:39:

There are great things about both.

CREOnline convention: blue vase award, dealmakers forum, round table discussion, many many REI stars to meet and ask questions of, lots of great seminars in areas you might not have considered investing before.

Bootcamp: small group, bus trip, seeing in detail how Scott & Tony rehab their houses, deals under consideration from other participants, Bruce Berger.

You don’t NEED either event if you really apply yourself using the book- I’d say throw out your TV and get to work. But the things you’ll learn at either event are that perseverance, generosity, a sense of humor and the ability to see what others cannot see will get you far in this business.

I’d say go to both, that’s what I plan to do this year.

Anne