Seminars Fact or Fiction? - Posted by dave

Posted by Paul_Pa on March 22, 2001 at 12:35:48:

Maybe you’re right. I’ll approach it with an open mind.I just saw a lot of negative posts on his seminars. We’ll see. Thanks Marty.

Paul

Seminars Fact or Fiction? - Posted by dave

Posted by dave on March 21, 2001 at 18:14:45:

Whitney will hype you so much you?ll leave there feeling like you can make a million dollars in a week!
Remember these are professional MOTAVATIONAL speakers hence the word motivational (hype)!
I?ve taken a Whitney?s course they aren?t there to help you there their there to sell you more stuff.
So by the time you leave the seminar that 1500.00 could turn into:
?If you act today we?ll sell you all the tools you need to make this work!
For the great low price of only 3300.00!! And for signing up today and today only we?ll give you 15,000.00 dollars of other necessary seminars with hands on training for this once in a live opportunity for 12,000.00 the offer expires today so act now! Get the idea?

Here?s what I would do in hindsight. I would take 500.00 and flush it down the toilet (I needed to see my money go down the drain) take 500 and take my wife to a mountain resort for the 3 days that I was wasting in the seminar (That made the wife happy we had a great time) put the other 500 in my pocket ( I came out 500 to the good) woulda?, shoulda?, coulda?

I will gladly take the flack from anyone who has taken a Russ Whitney seminar and was happy with the results, BUT only if they didn?t try to or did sell you something else.

Re: Seminars Fact or Fiction? - Posted by Paul_Pa

Posted by Paul_Pa on March 22, 2001 at 05:26:09:

I feel like such a fool. I go to a Whitney camp starting tomorrow. Should I even go? I tried to cancel but didn’t get it done in time. I canceled my credit card befor the charge hit but it showed up on my new card. I really don’t want to go but if I wasted $1500 I guess I should. Will they teach me anything???

Re: Seminars Fact or Fiction? LoL - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on March 21, 2001 at 21:13:59:

You can tell Dave has been to a Russ Whitney course. LoL

ps Dave I didnt buy anything But my instructor was wearing a poked doted bowtie.

Re: Seminars Fact or Fiction? - Posted by GEM

Posted by GEM on March 21, 2001 at 19:29:09:

Thanks, for the info. I think we’ll just buy some books and\or tapes and save some $!

Re: Seminars Fact or Fiction? - Posted by jack

Posted by jack on March 21, 2001 at 19:06:09:

You ain’t alone. The only people I have heard say good things about Whitney are people I have run into on the web. And they are probably shills for Whitney. Whitney is the only person of a “major company” that I have seen bash the BBB! He says, “they are a for profit company and should not be trusted.” Isn’t Whitney a for profit company???

Re: Seminars Fact or Fiction? - Posted by dave

Posted by dave on March 22, 2001 at 13:47:24:

Paul
You can still get out of the charges two ways:
Dispute it with the credit card and they?ll credit if you don?t attend if it?s been less than 90 days.
The other way is with all Whitney courses you get a refund on the fist day of the camp (so I?ve been told) if it?s not for you. The reason most people don?t remember what I said about Motivational speakers.
Look down the board under PLEASE HELP!!! This matter is discussed in greater detail and various options.
Good luck no matter what you decide,
Dave

Re: Seminars Fact or Fiction? - Posted by Marty

Posted by Marty on March 22, 2001 at 06:59:43:

Russ’ seminars are definately fact. I have attended three boot camps and learned much from all of them. The asset protection camp was alittle harder as it is alot of legal stuff. If you want to learn–you will. Knowledge keeps you from making expensive mistakes. The cost of the seminar should be well worth it–you should be able to make up the seminar money in a good RE deal. Good luck. Hope you learn alot! What camp is it? I still have one more camp and really can’t decide which one I would like to take. Seems that alot of people don’t like Russ as his training is expensive–but I’m one of the one who have “invested” in myself through Russ’ and I am happy with the training I have received. I believe that the training is good and you will learn much. Have a great trip!