Serious CS questions / looking to buy the kit. - Posted by David

Posted by Alex on November 23, 1998 at 20:35:05:

As far as the CS program I found it to be unuseful but, that’s my oppinion. I own the original program and the collection series. All the information I have learned has been through associating with other investors, reading library books, and experience! I can honestly say after reading 32 Real Estate Investing books from the library & dealing with my other sources that the money which was used on CS’s program could have been put to good use such as on another investment property!! If you are interested in buying the programs, I’d be more than happy to sell all of his stuff to you because it’s just collecting dust on my bookshelf! By the way, I am a rehabber and I peek interest in foreclosed properties and run down properties & I also am a note investor. So, my oppinion is of an experienced investor. :slight_smile:

Serious CS questions / looking to buy the kit. - Posted by David

Posted by David on November 22, 1998 at 20:55:24:

After seeing Carlton Sheets infomercial for the first time today my wife and I were impressed, but took it with a grain of salt due (IMHO) to the reputation of all infomercials. After searching the web for information I came across this board and read it top to bottom.

I understand that in order to succeed you must work.

I understand that you only get out of something what you put into it, and I understand that I am not going to get rich overnight (unless I’m very, very, very lucky.)

Now for the questions.

I have bad credit, not stained, not poor, but also not bankrupt, just bad, (late payments and a co-sign repo to give you an example of BAD) and the only line of credit I currently have open is a car loan. Can I use this program as advertised?

I live in a major metropolitan area, Trenton, NJ. I see lots of for sale signs in my neighborhood and the surrounding areas. Does the CS program cover renting to the division of public housing for assisted housing?

I now live in a rented home that I would consider buying and renting out to another party, I hope to use the program to assist me in this, how extensivly does the program go into using it to purchase a home you plan to live in from the renters standpoint?

After reading this board from top to bottom, I get the sneaky suspicion that some of the posts seem too good to be true, what are the odds of CS reps posting to this board?

Is anyone posting here really using this program to generate their primary source of income?

Thanks for your help,

David

Re: Serious CS questions / looking to buy the kit. - Posted by Russ

Posted by Russ on November 22, 1998 at 22:55:14:

Hi David,
The CS course can help you no matter what kind of credit you have. Bad credit is of course most problematic when dealing with banks but there are other ways to purchase a home. You may find that your best bet concerns properties where the owner will finance any or all of the deal. I am self employed and highly in debt but I found a seller willing to finance part of my purchase. They are out there and it’s a matter of convincing them you are a good risk. Securing a partner with good credit may also be a big help to you. Yes, you’ll have to split profits with them but view it as only temporary until you can get on your
feet and start making deals on your own. The CS course talks about all this…The material is a great resource no matter what type of property you’re trying to buy, whether it’s owner or non owner occupied. The purchasing pricipals are the same. At one time I would have agreed with you that some of the posts on this board seem too good to be true. After recently completing the CS course and making a great deal of my own, I believe darn near anything is possible if you have the will. That’s what it boils down to, plain and simple. Good Luck, Russ