Setting up a MH on land - Posted by Robin(AZ)

Posted by brad on July 16, 2002 at 14:02:22:

yes it was a bath tub. the home was being moved in pocahontas county west virginia about 8 years ago. my first purchass. went around a turn and a fire truck was coming the guy pulling the home swerved off of the road and the rattle caused by the rough ground caused the tub to fall. i turned the corner just in time to have the tub flip onto the road and get nailed by me. on the bright side it caused little damage because the cattle guared shattered it. of course i could have seen this better if i had washed my windshield and worn my glasses but that wouldn’t look cool would it… i saw a slide out, slide out once too but luckely it wasn’t mine. ive saw busted frames. i saw an old one moved once that looked like it was built on the road because the floors rotted out and the walls fell when they pulled out of the drive… have you ever seen a trailor on stilts 50 feet high on one end and the other end on the ground? i have

Setting up a MH on land - Posted by Robin(AZ)

Posted by Robin(AZ) on July 15, 2002 at 19:46:53:

If I had some land, about 1/2 acre, with access to water, power and phone, what all would I have to consider in developing the lot so that I could put a MH on it? Also, what are average moving costs for moving and setting up a single or double wide?

Thanks!

Robin (AZ)

Re: Setting up a MH on land - Posted by brad hawley

Posted by brad hawley on July 16, 2002 at 08:45:45:

you mentioned water but not sewer, if you are going to have to put in a septic then you want to wait until after the perk test to make sure that the land will leach properly to have the home moved. moving cost vary depending on distance, location, and how leniant you are about a time frame. you also have to factor in set up and break down costs. get under it before the move and make sure the floors are solid, expecially under the water heater, ac systems and tubs. nothing worse than following it down the road and running over your own bath tub. been there done that.lol

Bathtub? - Posted by Chris (TX)

Posted by Chris (TX) on July 16, 2002 at 13:45:42:

Water heaters I can see Brad… yep… those things are just waiting to fall through during a move… but a bathtub?.. surely you are kidding right?

If not… then maybe it’s time to have your eyes checked or something… you obviously need glasses if you can’t see a big a thing as a bathtub in the roadway… or… wait… maybe you just live in east Texas and it’s time to wash the bugs off the windshield again… a constant problem here.

Take care Brad… thanks for the laugh.
Chris

Re: Bathtub? - Posted by brad

Posted by brad on July 16, 2002 at 14:08:08:

i know this is hard to conceive of but not all of the country has flat roads that cross like a checker board. some have mtns, valleys, i know texas has these but not the parts i visited. go on vacation to snowshoe West Virginia for a ski trip and check out the roads. if your really brave take the bus when you go…lol all in good fun. take care