Settlement Tips - Posted by jimi

Posted by Steve on March 16, 2001 at 14:21:06:

Put the property in a Land Trust and hire an Attorney who does mostly real estate work, to do the Title work. You should be able to get the expertise of an Attorney at the same cost as a title company. Also, a title company can NOT give legal advice. Most title companies are run by NON- attorneys, but don’t want the public to know or realize this. One more thing, look for an Attorney that uses an Underwriter that only allows Attorney’s to write title insurance for them.

Settlement Tips - Posted by jimi

Posted by jimi on March 16, 2001 at 07:18:28:

Seeking your input as to how to ensure a quality settlement/closing of an investment property at the lowest possible price while maintaining my privacy in the public records.

Thanks in advance.