Sheriff's Sale in the Morning!!!!!!!!! - Posted by Ben_WA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 10, 2003 at 16:53:12:

Hey, I saw Jaws l, ll, and lll, one two and three times respectively. I believe they were true stories, weren’t they? What are you trying to do, cause a general panic, or should we just kind of go snicker snicker at the snark.

Regards, General Snograss Snarkjaws

Sheriff’s Sale in the Morning!!! - Posted by Ben_WA

Posted by Ben_WA on October 09, 2003 at 20:52:38:

Well there is a Mh going up for sheriff’s sale tomorrow and I called the park owner to ask what the opening bid would be. She told me they would take anything between 5 and 6k. Seems like a lot to me. There is a home for sale in the same park that looks much better and on a better lot and the owner wants 10k or best offer. I had planned on bringing no more than 3500 to the sale. The park closed on it for 4 months back lot rent and legal fees. The rent is $389. a month. So by my calculations that’s less than 1600 plus maybe 1k in legal fees. So i think that 3500 is more than reasonable. I have already qualified with this park so that will not be an issue. So I would appreciate any thoughts about this because this not only my first sheriff’s sale but also my first deal.

Thanks, Ben_WA

Well its too late now but… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 10, 2003 at 11:24:01:

…I suspect that you were the only bidder at that sale. I’ve been to lots of such sales. I rarely see any bidders but myself.

This price seems too high at $3,500. I would just let the sale proceed if there were no other bidders present. The park will get it back and they may sell it to you for $1,000 or so just to get the rent flowing again.

Best seminar you could ever take would be lunch with Steve or Jacque. You’re an attorney, aren’t you Ben? Why not trade some time with them?

Regards, doc

Yeah, Ben - I bought you lunch! - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on October 10, 2003 at 11:54:35:

Now it’s your turn!

:wink:

Let us know how the auction went.

Not as i had hoped, but… - Posted by Ben_WA

Posted by Ben_WA on October 10, 2003 at 14:25:06:

I went there and yes I was the only one there but the park owner still wanted at least 5k for it. I told them I couldn’t go that high and if they had a problem selling to talk to me later. But the owner said she new of many deals that would be coming soon and to stay in touch. Told me of one that is a real nice place and the owner is asking 10k and I actually think that is low for the park. A 101 year old lady moved out months ago and now they only want 8k. Sounds like they are motivated to me. I would be happy to pay 4k for it. I am almost sure I could sell it for 12k. Also she said there were others in the park would be getting their hands on and would let go much cheaper.

Once I realized that I would not be buying this mh I used the time to get to know the park owners this morning. It was the first time I had met them before. I just asked questions and let them talk. So this was a good morning even though it pushed my first deal back a bit longer.

Thanks, Ben_WA

P.S. Hey Steve lunch is on me next time you are in Seattle. I will call you to set it up.

I want to be Gentle Ben, but I don’t quite… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 10, 2003 at 16:34:59:

…know how to tell you this.

If they wanted this mobile for $5k, why would they give you a better one later? Things don’t quite add up, Keep your eyes, ears, and mouth open, but don’t hold your breath.

Furthermore: if you got Steve to buy your lunch, he needs to buy you another one, in exchange for you teaching him some new negotiating skills.

:~0

Regards, doc

Forgot to add a minor detail… - Posted by Ben_WA

Posted by Ben_WA on October 11, 2003 at 13:06:14:

The reason they wanted at least 5 for this was because they were in the whole for 9k trying to get this guy out and they were trying to recoup some of their loses. They were very expressice in the fact that there would be more deals to come and that I could have them. You see they took over the park 6 months ago from a terrible management team that let things get out of control and they are in the process of cleaning the park up so there is some serious turnover going on at the moment. The lady who I talked to is now running it for her elderly father. Oh by the way Doc I am not a lawyer, I am a manager at a grocery store. So maybe I should buy lunch this time. I don’t know if I should be flattered or insulted after being called a lawyer. HAHA. Well happy hunting to you all and good luck.

Ben_WA

snark snark - Posted by swwa

Posted by swwa on October 10, 2003 at 16:43:57:

snark snark