Shocked with Lack of Response! - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Re: Shocked with Lack of Response! - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on January 19, 2000 at 02:53:57:

Jim,
With all due respect, what was the point in your poll posted below?

Why does it matter to you (or any other person who is interested in investing) the number of deals completed or how long it takes to get a deal done?

It should go without saying that there are as many answers to your poll as there are folks frequenting this site. People are different and ‘results may vary’. Some folks (like JP’s friend that she posted about below) have deals done inside 2 weeks, others have been dabbling for years and haven’t got one done.

Help me understand your motives behind your poll and then the incredible time and energy you have expended reaming the masses for not filling your thread and mailbox with responses.

If you are doing some sort of psychology experiment, then say so and send out a mailer.

Jim, you sound like a fairly intelligent fellow, so wouldn’t your efforts be better spent studying a course or other literature in order to increase your odds of getting a deal done rather than compiling stats of CREONLINE readers?

Scott

Why I won’t answer the questions - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on January 19, 2000 at 01:01:49:

First, for some, myself included, your questionnaire sounds like a performance evaluation. It does not matter to anyone but me when I started investing, how long it took me to do my first deal, and so forth. I measure my success by how well my lifestyle needs are satisfied by my real estate investing, not by how many deals I do in a year.

Secondly, I am somewhat introverted and do not like talking about myself with strangers. I have no problem with public speaking or talking to sellers. I just don’t feel like bragging about myself even though my answers to your questions would not be very extraordinary.

Lastly, everyone’s circumstances and motivation level is different. In addition, each deal is done in a dynamic economic environment. Deals in a loose money market, or an inflationary market, or a recession can’t be directly compared to each other. The financial climate for MY first deal is not the same today for the newcomers attempting their first deal. Thus for these reasons I don’t want to answer your questions.

Re: I stand corrected. - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 19, 2000 at 15:52:55:

He also didn’t ask the fatal question “How much money do you make, bla bla bla?”

Re: Shocked with Lack of Response! - Posted by Jenean01NC

Posted by Jenean01NC on January 19, 2000 at 14:05:25:

Al, how long did it take you to acquire 81 SFM? Are they bank financed or Seller financed. My problem is on bank fianced deals, you have to come up with 10% down. I have not had much success with seller financed deals or motivated sellers willing to do creative deals. If the majority of these are seller financed, how did you find the motivated sellers? Newbie thanks you.

Re: Shocked with Lack of Response! - Posted by Phillip

Posted by Phillip on January 19, 2000 at 17:07:25:

Glad to see that you are doing so well with your real estate investing. Just curious, what type of investments are you doing at this time, L/O’s, rehabs, flips etc. to have achieved so much in such a short period of time?

Re: Didn’t see the Post - Posted by Phillip

Posted by Phillip on January 19, 2000 at 17:12:01:

You give me hope and inspiration with your wonderful and steady level of success!! I am striking out to do lease options (Bronchick student) because that is the only way I can enter real estate investing due to no money available to enter any other way. What is your primary method lease options, rehabs etc. ?

Re: missing the point? - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on January 19, 2000 at 09:34:28:

I dont understand the origin or your post. You say that seasoned investors made Jim feel like a loser for asking for Stats. No one did that. There were a few people that criticized Jim after he flew off the handle because people did not respond to his “survey says” inquiry post, and I think that much of that criticizism is justified.

A Real Human Being is in the Crowd! - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 09:27:53:

David.
It seems like you are one of the few who really understands my request. I applaud you for being so kind. As far as getting off the couch, well I am indeed off the couch everyday trying to make it happen. I am not sitting here like all of the CREOnline Tarot card readers think I am. As a matter of fact I lost my job 2 weeks ago and I’m probably working at this harder than ever!.
I have a very positive attitude about investing and will continue to strive for success. It will happen very soon, and it’s guys like you David that inspire me and others to do what we need to do. And that’s SUCCEED!

Thanks Again;

Jim LaVerdi (Phoenix Arizona Investor)

Thanks Scott - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 08:50:03:

Thanks for the post

Re: Shocked with Lack of Response! - Posted by ann

Posted by ann on January 19, 2000 at 09:28:41:

I really appreciate your response to Jims question. I too am a newbie and I did not understand why he was getting so much grief with a question he needed answered.I’m quite sure he realizes that its important to get out there, that’s why he asked the question. Let’s not forget how it was when we first got started and needed a helping hand and questions answered, no matter how trivial they were.

Newbie!

Thank You Sir! You’re a Gentleman! - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 08:44:56:

That’s all I’m looking for, an honest answer. And like you even said yourself, you asked the same questions!

Thanks

Jim LaVerdi (Phoenix Arizona Invvestor)

Thanks Rob - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 08:58:08:

Thanks Rob

Thanks John - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 08:52:52:

Thanks John

Thanks Scott - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 08:54:53:

Thanks Scott

Thanks Dave - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on January 19, 2000 at 08:56:48:

Thanks Dave

Re: I stand corrected. - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on January 19, 2000 at 16:44:49:

Rob-

Yeah, I guess some insecure types wouldn’t like to answer that question online. But, I can tell you’re not one of those wimps. Just curious…how much do you make off your REI?

Stacy

(sheepish grin)

Re: Shocked with Lack of Response! - Posted by al

Posted by al on January 19, 2000 at 15:09:52:

JENEAN,I made a goal of buying 12 properties year a lot of these properties I used either hard money lending, owner finance,VA(you do not have to be a veteran to buy)or bank repos were the bank would hold the finance(great finds at the end of the month usally no money down and they at times add fix up money).After gaining control of the property I then go get the property refi`ed thu a “normal” lender. With out sounding like a commercial I rarely use any money of my own in most cases I get money back and I never NEVER! over finance.

Re: I stand corrected. - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 19, 2000 at 21:37:16:

In the words of some people I admire, “Not enough!” Is it ever enough? :slight_smile: