short sale?? - Posted by bill

Posted by lukeNC on March 09, 2006 at 09:47:02:

this is the “leave everything behind” homeowner. no matter what, they dont want to deal with any more hassles as they have had enough.

move on to the next deal…

short sale?? - Posted by bill

Posted by bill on March 09, 2006 at 09:18:09:

i spoke with ahome owner filing bankruptcy. he has 2 liens on house 1st is 46,500 and 2nd 26500. the first is foreclosing. the fmv is 52,000. the 2nd is working with me and want anything they can get, but the first insist they need verbal authorization before they can even talk to me at all. the homeowner insist that i do not bother him anymore and just let what ever happens happens. he couldn’t care less about his credit his house or anything else. i told him just to call the mortgage company and say ok with the sale. he said leave me alone let it go to auction. he gave me the name of the bankruptcy attorny handling his case but i have not tried to call them yet. he wants anything to go through his attorney and not be bothered anymore. is there anything i can do?

thanks bill

Re: short sale?? - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on March 09, 2006 at 14:14:07:

Don’t drop it just yet. I’d follow up with the attorney and make sure that his attorney understands your short sale angle. His attorney might be able to talk to him better. The last ditch attempt might be to offer the owner something for working with you. Obviously you can’t give him cash, but you could pay his expenses for moving. Maybe even buy him a new 50" HDTV or something (although, I’m not sure of the legalities here - is this considered the same as giving the owner cash?).