Shotgun vs. Sniper Rifle - Posted by karp

Posted by Carol on March 16, 1999 at 14:50:41:

While awaiting an answer, I suggest that you stoop low!
Carol (lol)

Shotgun vs. Sniper Rifle - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on March 16, 1999 at 11:40:23:

So I had this talk with a newbie from my town.
He is trying to choose an area to start with and since it all seems cool to him, he lacks focus.

I was using the analogy of the shotgun. (tons of offers, etc.- you’re gonna hit something)

vs. my approach -up on a rooftop 2 miles away with the sniper scope (targeting specific sellers who have already laid their cards on the table)

One other thing about this analogy is the range of the weapons… If you play the shotgun approach you REALLY DO have to be closer to the market. Everyday out there hustling and keeping your finger to the pulse.

So not only do you have to make a lot of offers etc, but you need to be really entrenched and IN the market.

With the sniper style you have a higher “hit rate” but I think there is a lot more prep work.

I am not sure which is better or worse, I think it is more of what works for you. I can’t see me personally writing more than like 10 offers a week.

Thanks,

karp

PS:
My newbie friend said that a shotgun fired like 200 yards won’t even hurt someone. (Tomorrow we will test this. I get to shoot first.)

Re: Shotgun vs. Sniper Rifle - Posted by Journey

Posted by Journey on March 17, 1999 at 03:32:14:

Hi Karp, I too would like to know the process and strategies used in targeting. None of the information I have read explains targeting and I would really appreciate it if you would explain exactly what you mean and how to do it. Are there any articles or web sites where I can find information on this strategy? Thanks very much, Journey

Re: Shotgun vs. Sniper Rifle - Posted by Sheik

Posted by Sheik on March 16, 1999 at 12:00:35:

So Karp:

Give us some insight on your Rifle approach…Who do you target??..how do you market??..

Appreciate it.
Thanks.

Sheik