Should a commission be due? - Posted by BR

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on February 16, 2000 at 22:57:23:

BR,

It still depends on the wording in the listing agreement, or what the seller can negotiate with the broker. I market my properties by myself AND with an agent. My agreements specifically state that if I find the buyer, without the help of the agent, no commission is due the agent. However, lacking wording to the contrary, I’ve also seen listing agreements that give the agent the right to a commission no matter who finds the buyer.

Bill K. (AZ)

Should a commission be due? - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on February 16, 2000 at 21:40:04:

If a house is listed and the seller decides to just deed the house away ‘subject to’, should a commision be due the realtor?

It Depends on the Listing Agreement - My Take - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on February 16, 2000 at 22:07:40:

BR,

Most of the listing agreements I’ve seen say “Yes” a commission is due, but not all are that way. Remember, the broker’s job is to bring the seller a buyer “ready, willing and able” to buy the property regardless of how the deal is structured. Nonetheless, the seller can always ask the broker to let him/her out of the contract. If there’s no money to pay the broker, he/she may just agree.

Bill K. (AZ)

Seller found buyer… - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on February 16, 2000 at 22:43:57:

and buyer never spoke to realtor. Actually seller called buyer’s I buy houses ad, therefore buyer is thinking…there could be a deal here if it were not for the inflated price to cover the commission. You see the seller IS motivated and is agreeable to a ‘subject to’, but you know who, is standing you know where.