Should I contact property manager ? - Posted by David Walker

Posted by Lyal on August 18, 2003 at 13:42:48:

David,
Not sure if this home is to live in or to sell as an investment but my thoughts apply either way.
If you go “over the head” of the PM and are successful in getting a home in the park (doubtful), what do you think you’re chances are in getting either yourself, or another buyer approved to live in it? (answer is not good, as the PM will be p!ssed at you from the start). Is it worth it to battle with the Park Manager? Not that I’ve ever seen.
My next question is: How did you contact the PM? Did you stop in and work on building rapport, or did you just call on the phone and tell them what you wanted to do? Many PM’s are control freaks and if you start telling them what you are going to do, they’ll just shut you off. Unless they have a financial interest in the park, the primary issue is being in charge. A few empty spots mean nothing as most times, it doesn’t affect their wallet at all.
You need to start over. Stop in and chat them up a bit, then work your way around to the fact that you have a new home you’d like to put into a nice park and “do they by chance have any spots that they aren’t collecting rent on” (or similar words…you get the idea). You may have better luck (or maybe not if they remember your last conversation).
All the best, Lyal

Should I contact property manager ? - Posted by David Walker

Posted by David Walker on August 18, 2003 at 02:40:07:

There are around 8 vacant lots in the MHP which has around 120 lots. I want to put the brand new mobile home in one of these 8 vacant lots. I contact with the park manager then he says that those vacant lots are not available. The point is that some of those vacant lots are free for more than 1 year. Should I contact property manager?