Showing Home - Posted by Bill n Callahan

Posted by Bill n Callahan on June 05, 2000 at 21:06:41:

Thanks Soapymac Dirk Lonnie and everyone else that helps get the butterflys flying in formation.I’m open for any and all ideas.-Bill n Callahan

Showing Home - Posted by Bill n Callahan

Posted by Bill n Callahan on June 05, 2000 at 12:44:29:

I went out and bought my first ‘Lonnie Deal’. It’s set up in a park about thirty miles from my home. My question is What is the best way to handle showing this home without excessive running back and to across town? Thanks for any and all help.-Bill n Callahan

Re: Showing Home - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on June 05, 2000 at 20:31:35:

Hi Bill,

Soapymac and Dirk have done a good job answering your question. I’ll add one other way that’s worked well for me. In some cases, I’ve had the park manager hold a key and show it. Another good reason to have a good relationship with PM.

One of my recent deals was about 30 minutes away (as far as I get). The PM showed the home, took the application, approved the buyers for the lot, and faxed a copy to me. All negotiating with the buyers was over the phone. I arranged to meet with the buyers in the PM’s office, and all of us signed the necessary papers (MH and lot.). One trip, and it was a “done deal.” Let me say it again?the PM is the most essential person to have on your team.

I’ve also paid the next door neighbors a few bucks for showing the home.

Good luck,

Lonnie

One thing that has been mentioned here… - Posted by soapymac

Posted by soapymac on June 05, 2000 at 13:43:33:

is to do some advertising, then using a phone number to qualify the people over the phone. You know what qualifications you want in a prospective purchaser.

I would set up a time that is convenient to you when they can view the home. Tell them that they are not the only one interested in it, so why don’t they do a “drive-by” to see if they want to look at the inside? If they still have an interest, you will be there to show the home to whoever shows up…and you will take the best offer.

Bring some reading material with you in case no one shows (which happens sometimes.) Otherwise, you might be prepared for a feeding frenzy in a tight market. In any event, you can build up a list of buyers raring to go when you find your next one.

Food for thought.

Roy MacLean
“soapymac”

What I like are… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on June 05, 2000 at 13:37:09:

Mass Showings. I have everyone show up a particular time and day, Say Sat. at 1:00 pm. I make sure that folks bring their tape measures and such to measure for drapes, furniture etc. Believe me when you get a bunch of people tripping over one another measuring where their sofa is going to go, things get interesting.
Often times the Park office is closed on the weekends, so I am also sure to have park apps ready and we “all” fill them out. I collect what the park charges to run the apps and then either drop them all off mon, or I meet the manager at his/her home that evening and drop them off, with the money.
I like to handle this all myself (or have one of my team handle it, whoever is doing the showing) just so I know it gets done.
What happens if I get say 6 or 7 approvals, well then I simply pick and choose the one I want, but I don’t blow the others out of the water, I often times have a home for them too in the same park in a couple of days.
Hope this helps
Dirk