Showing house after signed PA - Posted by Bushman

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on February 04, 2002 at 10:30:14:

I’ve never heard of a state law that prohibits “showing” and my contracts certainly do not prohibit it. I’ve never had a problem showing places with a sale pending, and am in fact glad that I have had such showings when the contracts fell through. Finally, I cannot imagine how this would be enforced or what the damages would be if a state had such a dumb law. I’d show 'em.

John Hyre

Showing house after signed PA - Posted by Bushman

Posted by Bushman on February 04, 2002 at 09:23:12:

Posted on Mobile Home Forum as well, but would like some of our lawyer friends’ advice…

Can you still “show” the house after you have a signed purchase agreement? We have a signed PA and a deposit.

Have been out of communication with buyer for a couple of days. This is a mobile and Lonnie said we can still show so long as we tell them the house has a contract pending. I am sure with Mobile’s, this is much easier to defend since the deal is pending Park Manager approval, but what about sfh’s? Can you still show after you have a signed PA under the same circumstances? Or does law state some sort of cooling off period (say 10 days) where you may not even show the house?

Thanks for any input folks…