Sign Supplier? - Posted by Dick Chelten

Posted by Marcos on April 05, 2002 at 19:00:37:

I was just upset because I thought you were implicating David.

At least that clears it up. I was under the impression you were saying it was him. I’m just glad that you weren’t.

Marcos

P.S.- I knew there wasn’t a chance in a hundred that I was going to be buying you any signs. It was a safe bet.

Sign Supplier? - Posted by Dick Chelten

Posted by Dick Chelten on April 05, 2002 at 08:22:44:

Now that I’m ready to start putting “We buy House” signs, I can’t seem to find the Company who was at the Atlanta Meeting. Any help or advise here on them or another supplier?

Supercheapsigns.com - Posted by Sterling

Posted by Sterling on April 05, 2002 at 21:06:00:

lowest prices on the net

Story about BanditSigns.com - Posted by Scot - SoCal

Posted by Scot - SoCal on April 05, 2002 at 14:49:26:

After reading eric (oh)'s story below, I thought I’d tell of the other side of the coin.

I ordered a few signs a couple months back from banditsigns.com. They came and I noticed that the Ph# was correct but the URL was wrong. I sent an email after checking the receipt to see if it was correct there (which it was). The email came back from David quickly saying he was sorry and would send out another (corrected) order and to put out the original signs but cover the URL (since the Ph# was OK) so I could get some biz going. I did.

Then David called me, leaving a message if things were OK. Then David called again (from TX to CA) making sure I got the second batch of signs and that I was happy. I was!

You may get what you pay for… Then again, you may get more…

you get what you pay for!!! - Posted by eric (oh)

Posted by eric (oh) on April 05, 2002 at 11:38:18:

I just got my signs from supercheapsigns.com about two weeks ago. Much to my surprise they had the WRONG telephone number printed on them as well as many signs with very poor print quality.
When i called to request that they be made over again since it was their mistake, they sent me numeric decals so i could correct their mistake for them. Put the decals on but looked very tacky and would consume too much of my time. I won’t do business with them again… Btw they refused to refund my money so i have disputed the amount to the charge card co.

Re: Sign Supplier? - Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI)

Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI) on April 05, 2002 at 11:02:19:

Dick:
I have always bought mine from banditsigns.com and always get great service and products.
Just don’t put your sign in front of mine! LOL.
I’ll be getting in touch soon with you to schedule lunch.
BMP

Cheaper than Banditsigns.com is… - Posted by Janice

Posted by Janice on April 05, 2002 at 09:02:17:

Supercheapsigns.com.

Extremely helpful and fast!

Re: Story about BanditSigns.com - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 05, 2002 at 16:31:01:

Scot,

Your story does not surprise me at all knowing David Alexander for 4 years. And remember David is making his money on doing deals, not on small potatoe bandit signs. He’s a guy that I trust 110%.

Brian Don’t Put Yours In Front Of Mine LOL nt. - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 05, 2002 at 16:34:11:

nt.

Maybe so, but - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on April 05, 2002 at 10:00:30:

Regardless of the price differential, I would buy the signs from Banditsigns.com just because the owner is an experienced active poster who offers helpful suggestions on CREonline. For me, it’s important to support those who support things I value.

Re: Story about BanditSigns.com - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on April 05, 2002 at 16:58:40:

Look what happened to me. I order some signs and they never came. The maker said they were sent, but they were not. We are in a mess & I will have to take some kind of legal action against him.

Re: Maybe so, but - Posted by DN in SF

Posted by DN in SF on April 05, 2002 at 14:33:50:

Just as in any business, you have to get to the bottom line in the end. I think a person should get their signs or whatever else they need from a source that makes the most business sense.

I use whatever service makes the most business sense to me at that time.

DN

All things being equal… - Posted by Glen SoCAl

Posted by Glen SoCAl on April 05, 2002 at 12:37:17:

…I’d buy David Alexanders product.

I would buy both products at first. I would look to quality, timeliness of delivery, best representation of the product I desired, shipping costs, return policy, per unit cost of the product, and overall service.

If David’s product and ANY other bandit sign product were equal, I would buy David’s. If David’s overall product and service were better than the competing product, I’d still buy David’s:-)

If a bandit sign product other than David’s was a superior value, considering all of the above, I’d contact David and offer him the opportunity to compete.

In a sense, it wouldn’t be the decision of the purchaser of where they’d go to purchase their signs, it would really be David’s.

I wish David the best of success!

Glen

Well said Brent - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 05, 2002 at 10:17:03:

I too would go with BanditSigns.Com because the owner offers his valuable time on this site helping others with his experience and expertise. So what if you’re paying a few cents more per sign.

Rob Be A Little Clearer Here… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 05, 2002 at 17:03:39:

…where did you order the signs. Howmuch time went by before you realized your signs weren’t coming and did you contact the company about the problem and what was their response.

Maybe, but… - Posted by Janice

Posted by Janice on April 05, 2002 at 10:49:32:

As much as I appreciate his input, I appreciate competition and return on investment also.

100 custom signs at banitsigns will cost $300, at supercheapsigns the cost would be only $195, that’s a substantial differance.

I respect David, but would respect him more if he would be more competitive in his pricing.

BTW We’ve ordered over 700 signs from supercheapsigns and have had great service and no problems. Fast, responsive, professional.

I mean no dis-respect to David and wish him good business. But the pricing differential is simply too great for me to dismiss.

Best of luck with your sign campaign regardless of where you purchase them!

Re: Rob Be A Little Clearer Here… - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on April 05, 2002 at 18:28:29:

I have been traveling, so it was passed my time. He charged my credit card, before sending the signs.

When I returned, I wanted the signs. He said that he would send them, because they have been in the warehouse for sometime. I told him to send it immediately, and he told me he would. I call him on Monday for the tracking number, and he told me that he didn’t have it, but would get back to me. I waited for the signs, and called him on the 4 days. He said that the UPS service on the ground would be 5 days delivery. I waited, and waited. I called him next week, but he was not there, or anywhere to be founded. On the second friday, I called him. I said that I didn’t want to sound like a pest, but could I have the tracking number. He was silenced. I ask him again, and he said I don’t have it. I ask Why? Did you not sent it? He said no, he did not. His reason is that it is in the warehouse somewhere. Look just send the signs, I told him. He said what number would you like on the signs. I said “What”! You didn’t even make the signs! I was very upset, and we argued. I said I wanted my money back and he said he would not give it back. The credit card said it is passed 60 days & he have collected the money aready.

I know you are going to say small claims. The problem is that I am in California & he is in Atlanta. It was done through the phone. I am figuring out how to do this. I know it is my fault for traveling a little too much, but I don’t thing I deserve this.

Then it wasn’t David Alexander/Bandit Signs - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on April 05, 2002 at 18:47:26:

This is a pointless discussion. You have yet to tell who the company is that did this. And I just don’t believe it’s David Alexander. In fact, I know it’s pretty much impossible that it is him. Heck I haven’t known David for four years, but this is completely out of character for him.

David is in Texas by the way, I don’t know who you are dealing with in Atlanta.

I’m so confident that it isn’t David, I offer to buy you 200 signs if you can prove that it was him. And I’m not a gambler.

Marcos

Re: Then it wasn’t David Alexander/Bandit Signs - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on April 05, 2002 at 18:53:53:

Did I say it is him? No, I did not. If You want me to name the company & bad mouth him I will, but it is not DA. It is in Atlanta, Marcos. And if you want me to tell you when you are in Las Vegas in June I will.
It was quite generous of you to offer, but not thanks. That’s not what I am about.

Rob
415 716-8261

So Rob What’s The Point - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on April 05, 2002 at 19:01:22:

Rob,

In your posts you kind of point indirecty to David and then after a bunch of posts indicate that it isn’t him. Now my good friend Marcos brings you to task and you still don’t identify the culprit. So what are we gaining here.