Single Family Homes - Posted by Richard

Posted by dewCO on October 28, 2000 at 23:07:02:

Just make sure and buy it at the right price, and you won’t have any trouble selling. Not everyone can afford or wants a larger 3 bedroom home. Just make sure it’s bought right.

Single Family Homes - Posted by Richard

Posted by Richard on October 28, 2000 at 08:30:32:

Does anyone have any experience with two bedroom SFH’s? I know location is one if not the most important factors of investing in SFH’s, but are two bedroom SFH’s a good/bad investement?

If the price is right buy… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on October 29, 2000 at 21:29:38:

some investors shy away from less than 3 bedrooms, bull hockey! if the price is right the neighborhood good and the cash flow satisfactory to you go for it.
Tenants will prefer a 2 bedroom SFH to a two bedroom apartment. Rents are good the tennats pay all the utilities and cut the grass and shovel the snow. When it comes to resale you won’t get as much as a 3 bedroom, but you should be purchasing them for the same price as 3 bedrooms either.

Re: Single Family Homes - Posted by Mark - IL

Posted by Mark - IL on October 28, 2000 at 11:16:45:

I do own some 2 bedroom rentals and in my area of central IL and are common. I have had good success so far. I have found that my repairs are less costly but so is my cash flow compared with my 4 bedroom rentals. I guess because there is less wear and tear on the properties. I have also notice my renters stay longer. One has been there 5 years, the other over 15 years. Compared with the shorter term of my larger SFH’S. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Re: Single Family Homes - Posted by Richard

Posted by Richard on October 28, 2000 at 12:05:19:

Thanks for the info Mark. Just another question, have you or anyone else had any trouble reselling 2 br SFH’S? Do you normally sell to tentants?