Skirting prices/material

Hello everyone, I am needing to skirt quite a few homes in Texas and was wondering what is the best bang for the buck skirting. I have talked to Stylecrest and they have given me a number for each unit using vinyl but it seems a little expensive. I can do my own work so if you can give me all ideas including costs (if you remember) I would appreciate it. Thanks

You may be able to do a bulk order for a greater discount or perhaps set up an account yourself with Blevins to order directly from them. I have spoken to a number of folks who have done this but I have not needed to just yet.

Skirting is a terrible product in my opinion but there is little to no alternative. Corrigated metal may be my next attempt.

I can spend $450 buying material to skirt a doublewide (not including labor) only to have a kid with a weedeater destroy it in minutes. Yes I know I should use roundup or roofing tiles to keep the weeds away but then they still manage to hit a few rocks with a mower and punch holes in it.

Just my venting so pay it no mind.

Tony

[QUOTE=Realestate;881569]Hello everyone, I am needing to skirt quite a few homes in Texas and was wondering what is the best bang for the buck skirting. I have talked to Stylecrest and they have given me a number for each unit using vinyl but it seems a little expensive. I can do my own work so if you can give me all ideas including costs (if you remember) I would appreciate it. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Skirting material

I have the same hate/necessary evil relationship with skirting that everyone else has. I have tried a few different things in the past to limit the weed wacker damage (treated 1x12 on edge screwed through the skirting at the ground level etc.). I have used 4x8 sheets of Hardy Board siding around the foundations of stick build homes in the past and always mused about having this around my trailers but it is cost prohibitive ($25 per 8 linear feet of skirting). After loading 60 sheets of Hardy Tile Backer this week a dim bulb went off. This stuff is the same as the Hardy siding and comes in 3’x5’ sheets for $10.17. So basically 2$ per linear ft. plus framing. It’s rigid enough the framing could be done 2’6" on center. Once painted it would look good and is virtually indestructible. Sheets could also be screwed on for future removal. Just a thought.

I am up for trying alternative solutions to skirting. It helps to keep in mind that you will likely be replacing some or most of the skirting in a number of years for one reason of damage or another. When viewing those costs plus time and labor it makes sense to find a more permanent/durable solution even if it costs a bit more.

Keeping in mind of course there is a need to have decent venting of these homes.

Tony

[QUOTE=Clinton;881603]I have the same hate/necessary evil relationship with skirting that everyone else has. I have tried a few different things in the past to limit the weed wacker damage (treated 1x12 on edge screwed through the skirting at the ground level etc.). I have used 4x8 sheets of Hardy Board siding around the foundations of stick build homes in the past and always mused about having this around my trailers but it is cost prohibitive ($25 per 8 linear feet of skirting). After loading 60 sheets of Hardy Tile Backer this week a dim bulb went off. This stuff is the same as the Hardy siding and comes in 3’x5’ sheets for $10.17. So basically 2$ per linear ft. plus framing. It’s rigid enough the framing could be done 2’6" on center. Once painted it would look good and is virtually indestructible. Sheets could also be screwed on for future removal. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]