Small Town Investing/Flipping - Posted by Tom L.

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 19, 2003 at 14:28:44:

Tom L-----------

Many people would love a deal like that. Some to hold for rental, some to do a quick turnover with.

So it is excitement that causes strange English usage, ehh? I suppose that also accounts for all the misspelled signs I see here in Oakland, and when I travel? There is sure a lot of excitement around.

GOod InvestingRon Starr*****

Small Town Investing/Flipping - Posted by Tom L.

Posted by Tom L. on August 18, 2003 at 15:24:31:

Took the Carlton Sheets course several years ago, did not move me to even try and I have (had) 12 yrs as a R.E. Broker. I have taken all sorts of avenues since but cannot find anything to work in a small town with no real full time investors to flip to. I mean I can find the properties, negotiate the deals, then what?

Re: Small Town Investing/Flipping - Posted by dell-ohio

Posted by dell-ohio on August 21, 2003 at 23:01:07:

Hello,

We started doing small town investing in Jan. We have bought twelve properties in four different small towns. Most of the properties needed some repair.

It has beeen a VERY profitable venture. Dont know where you are located but if you are in Ohio or one of the surrounding states, you copuld flip the properties you are describing, to us in a heartbeat.

Love the small town real-estate investing.

Dell-Ohio

Re: Small Town Investing/Flipping - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 18, 2003 at 20:29:00:

Tom L----------

There are many people here in Coastal CA that would love to make real estate investments that had positive cash flow. There aren’t many properties around here that will do that.

You might consider advertising and selling to investors in high-priced areas, such as Coastal CA, and the NE of the USA. However, if the properties need much work, you’ll have to also have some people who can fix them up. It is not good for people to invest in fixers at a distance, I feel. But, if you help people, you should be able to make some money.

Good InvestingRon Starr*********

Re: Small Town Investing/Flipping - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on August 18, 2003 at 17:15:32:

If you have 12 years as a R.E. Broker, that is probably your problem. For a realtor to become a R.E. Investor he has to be able to think outside the Agent/Broker box. Sheets is not a flipper course. It is mainly buy and hold. In a small town that should work very well. Also, with your inside as a Agent/Broker you should be able to buy properties well below market, fix up and resell at a nice profit. Get out of the Broker mode and into the Investor mode as you find here on this site, with the availability of more knowledge in the Investor business than anyplace else in the world, bar none!

Re: Small Town Investing/Flipping - Posted by LLoyd

Posted by LLoyd on August 18, 2003 at 16:06:01:

I live in a small town, and I think the best results are in rehabing and retailing the property. Finding a real estate agent that handles OREO for out of town fiance companies and banks are the best source to buy form. LDA

Re: Small Town Investing/Flipping - Posted by Tom L.

Posted by Tom L. on August 22, 2003 at 15:09:26:

Can we contact one another directly? I have a “hotmail” account .com

Yours truly, thomaselatham

Re: Small Town Investing/Flipping - Posted by Tom L.

Posted by Tom L. on August 19, 2003 at 13:39:20:

Hey wow Ron yeah!!! That’s the best advice I ever done got. (Watch my English. I do that when I get excited.) No kidding. I just let a property slip through my fingers: $80,000 ARV Easy. Tax assessssed at 73K needing no more than 3K repairs. Could have gotten around 45k. Couldn’t stir any interest at 5ok wholesale. Do u think there might be a CA who would jump on that like stink on pooh pooh? (There goes my English again.)