So, I'm homeless. lol - Posted by James - Michigan

Posted by Kenneth Hocking on May 28, 2008 at 20:04:12:

for negiligent cooking or failure to operate a Frying pan?

Hot spot is on top they say I through water on a SMALL grease fire once as a kid at my friends house NOT A GOOD MOVE.

My friend Grabbed a big bag of flour and put out the fire

how he knew to do that I don’t know but his mom was running in circles screaming

Glad your safe!

So, I’m homeless. lol - Posted by James - Michigan

Posted by James - Michigan on May 28, 2008 at 15:00:50:

Not really a question but just letting my Creonline ‘family’…some more distant-retarded-4th cousin family members…know that the building I was renting burned.
Total loss…not for me, my home office and everything was fine and the tenants got out before it was out of hand.

Those dammned grease fires are hard to put out…my neighbor upstairs must have fallen asleep while cooking some fried chix.
Good thing I heard the smoke detectors…in other apartments going off…I thought it was someone who burnt something they were cooking…yeah, the ceiling!

Doh! Ah well, work has somewhat been on hold for a bit and vacation plans changed. I guess I will go live in one of my very own rentals…a med sized 2 bedroom is opening up next week.

Ok, end of blog. :stuck_out_tongue:

How was everyone else’s holiday?

James - Michigan

PS - I will not be online often for another week or so, but I’ll keep yous guys posted. :smiley:
Oh, and a friend took me in for rent free for as long as I need. I’m making money in the mess!

A-B-C - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on June 01, 2008 at 05:11:38:

Learning or being aware of the simple classifications of fire would have helped immensly.

Re: So, I’m homeless. lol - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on May 29, 2008 at 07:49:49:

James,
Sorry for the loss.

Grease fire flare quickly, covering the pot with a lid or plate removes the O2 stops it instantly. Just don’t remove lid till its cool.

Fire doubles in size every 30 seconds. When energized with surge of O2 it will sound like a train coming at you.

Very humbling experience glad no one got hurt.

They probably threw water on it - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on May 28, 2008 at 20:17:19:

which causes a grease fire to flare up even higher.