So many programs to choose from... your opinions? - Posted by College Kid

Posted by Clyde Gray on March 02, 2001 at 13:20:08:

Nationwide is nothing to choose, I have the program and they are not a good company. Although I did learn a whole lot from there course, But there method I cannot deal with.

So many programs to choose from… your opinions? - Posted by College Kid

Posted by College Kid on March 01, 2001 at 18:43:17:

Having seen just about every 3AM infomercial there is, it’s hard to tell one program from another. I was hoping someone/anyone out there who has gone through different programs could give me their opinions, pros and cons, etc.

I currently work full time and handle a full college course load, real estate investing is appealing for many obvious reasons… time commitment, upside profit, etc.

Since I have very limited funds, flipping/turning properties seems like a good place to start…

I’m hoping this will allow me to build up some financial stability so that I can later invest fully in rental properties,etc… while also giving me time to learn the business “first-hand” without taking on a high amount of financial risk.

So basically I’m looking for a program that covers a wide variety of investing techniques.

I’ve heard that the some programs focus too heavily one one topic or strongly recommend investing one way, while others have a broad focus w/ very little detail.

I guess I’m looking for a program that will give me all of my options and let me decide whats best for me and at the same time provide me w/ enough details so that I can learn and execute accurately and precisely.

I’ve been looking at Shemin’s program and it appears to cover everything from A-Z, but at a steep price.

Any suggestions, information, help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Poor College Kid

Re: So many programs to choose from… - Posted by Bill Bain (RW Trainer)

Posted by Bill Bain (RW Trainer) on March 05, 2001 at 19:29:24:

Poor College Kids,

Sounds like your plate is pretty full right now and you still want more, GREAT! You, and only you have to make the choice on what you really want to do. Take it a step at a time.

First, what Real Estate investment books have you read? Which one did YOU like the best? What RE technique comes to mind first. Where do you live?

You see, many questions have to be answered before you can successfully head in the right direction. People will tell you what they do, or what they like the best but we are all different.

If you have not read any RE Investing books yet, click on the CRE online store link and buy your first book… really doesn’t matter which one, just start feeding the mind.

Good Luck (soon to be: RICH College Kids)

Bill
Cape Coral, FL

Legrand - Posted by Layne_AK

Posted by Layne_AK on March 02, 2001 at 18:25:19:

I am currently a 20 yr. old college student. I started investing in real estate at age 16. I’ve checked out all the courses out there and have to say that Legrand’s are by far the best. Check them out and good luck! www.sdilegrand.com

Listen to Evelyn… - Posted by George

Posted by George on March 02, 2001 at 01:08:06:

She is right

Re: So many programs to choose from… - Posted by Evelyn (FL)

Posted by Evelyn (FL) on March 01, 2001 at 20:06:35:

Poor College Kid:

I bought Legrand’s Fast Cash with Quick Turn Real Estate. It is VERY good, and less than $200. It does NOT cover everything, but you can get a really good start and upgrade when you want. Plus, you can always find out answers to your questions here. Sometimes if you buy a course, they will “throw” in a one-day lecture/training session. Note: leave credit cards at home for now.

The Cash Flow Generator is a teaser…not enough info. But LEGRAND is the man in my book. Just my .02!! Good luck to you.

Evelyn

Layne, what are some of your deals? - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 02, 2001 at 21:49:32:

I think that’s awesome you have been investing since 16. What have you been able to do?

HR

Re: So many programs to choose from… - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on March 02, 2001 at 16:11:49:

Before you go with Nationwide, or any other program for that matter, put the name of the program in the search engine on this site and read all the comments and then decide where to invest. Be care of some of the posts below who have listed invalid e-mail addresses. Its against this site policy and makes their creditability questionable.

Re: So many programs to choose from… - Posted by Troy W.

Posted by Troy W. on March 02, 2001 at 08:23:11:

She is correct, I am also a Legrand student.But one thing is for sure, that you can never learn enough. There are ALOT of websites with good information, plus this chat board and others. Just never stop seeking info and once you get it, pick out what you might need and then move on. But the key is “TO MAKE OFFERS” if you don’t do that, all the knowledge in the world won’t make a difference.

Troy

Layne! - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on March 02, 2001 at 23:22:23:

How’s you and your Dad doing? The REIG here in Phoenix fell apart and I haven’t seen anybody since!

How you doing up there in the Great White North?

Done any deals like deal #1? … That story you told us about that was unbelievable for a 16 yr old.

Well now that you’re 20 you don’t need Dad to sign for you anymore!

You made more in just that one deal than some people do in 5 years or more. If you could only do one of those every year you’d have it made!!!

Keep up the good work and best wishes to you “UP THERE”

Jim

Re: Layne, what are some of your deals? - Posted by Layne_AK

Posted by Layne_AK on March 02, 2001 at 21:57:04:

Started buying raw land, moved to flipping real estate, now doing larger (mobile home parks, etc) deals. Good luck in your career.

Re: Choose Nationwide!! - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on March 02, 2001 at 10:52:05:

They are great, real people to talk to, real training, I feel I getting alot from them.

Layne AK - Posted by antonio

Posted by antonio on March 04, 2001 at 22:20:58:

Hey Layne, my name is Antonio and I am a 21 year old student in CA. I’ve ordered all of LeGrand’s courses and will probably be attending a boot camp shortly. Are there any pointers you could give a young fellow like me.

Nice deals… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 05, 2001 at 07:03:14:

Layne,

Congrats on your success. Many would have said this coulden’t be done by someone so young. You found a way. That’s the hallmark of a successful rei. My hat’s off to you.

Wishing you plenty more,

HR