Some Direction Please - For a Newbie - Posted by Joseph (OR)

Posted by Joseph (OR) on August 08, 2007 at 16:51:39:

I think that I just might go forward and purchase Lonnie Scruggs “Deal on Wheels” and read that and see where that leads me. Who knows, maybe I will end up purchasing more of his books and doing some deals.

Thank you,

Joseph

Some Direction Please - For a Newbie - Posted by Joseph (OR)

Posted by Joseph (OR) on August 07, 2007 at 22:12:06:

Hello and â?? Where do I start?

I have been interested in Real Estate Investing for many many years. I have attended several different seminars and even bought into American Investors Network (AIN) owned and opperated by one Jim Shead. Although his Millionaire course offers some valuable information, I found most of what was in that course right here on CREOnline.com. (Thank God for FREE infromation!)

I have also read many different books: â??The Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investingâ?? by Gary W. Eldred which was very nice reading and informative, â??Making Big Money Investing In Foreclosures without Cash or Creditâ?? by Peter Conti, and David Finkel and a few others on REI.

My next quest is to purchase a course or two from here. I have an interest in building my cash reserves up for future REI. Although I know I need to have some reserves, I am not too sure in which area of REI I should go to do that? I have heard about and read about Short Sales but, that requires a cash reserve or knowing/having a cash source. I have neither. Then there is Flipping/Rehabbing, and again, no cash reserves or cash source. Or Flipping via Assigning to a wholeseller. I am interested in the latter. But I am unassure of how to do one. Where I live in Oregon, I do have a multitude of Mobile Home parks with plenty of opportunities there.

I just would like some direction from some of the CREOnline.com REI peoples with plenty of experience and also from some of the newer REIâ??s input on which Course to purchase as my first purchase from CREOnline.com. Below are some of the courses that I am interested in. Which should I choose or is there another course that I did not list that I might consider and perhaps why.

Flipping Properties: How to Generate Fast Profits in Real Estate - by William Bronchick, J.D.and Robert Dahlstrom, MBA

Big Profits with Lease Options - by William Bronchick, J.D.

Dealmaker’s Guide to Commercial Real Estate: Strategy and Practice for the Intelligent Investor - by Ray Alcorn

Dealmaker’s Guide to Mobile Home Parks: How to Buy and Profit from Mobile Home Parks - by Ray Alcorn

The Blue Pen Flip: A Radical New Approach to Real Estate Investing - by Joseph M. Kaiser

–Or–

anything from Lonnie Scruggs.

Any input/insight that any of you can give will be well received.

Thank you,

Joseph

Re: Some Direction Please - For a Newbie - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on August 08, 2007 at 09:05:19:

Joseph,

If there are plenty of MH Parks near you, then order Lonnie’s book “Deals on Wheels” for $30 and get started. Even if you don’t do MH deals, the information contained will be critical for your investing success, and you can’t beat the price.

There are quite a few Lonnie dealers up where you are- check out the MH newsgroup and maybe you’ll meet a few.

good luck,

Anne