Some Thoughts on getting New ideas and Meeting People - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by bwhite-tn on May 24, 2000 at 20:16:58:

Bob
This is where you buy some under performing and defaulted notes. Determine cause of problems with payors, than work out payor to change due dates or
re-write the notes on different terms.
Once they are performing and seasoned can sell or keep them.
Does this make sense ?

Bobby

Some Thoughts on getting New ideas and Meeting People - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on May 22, 2000 at 14:47:12:

Hello everyone,
I don’t mean to get on a rant, but I have been meaning to post this for the last couple of weeks.
First I would personally like to thank everyone who has made this site work. I have made a score of new contacts, investors, friends etc. Since this board was launched a few weeks ago.
And also I have learned a tremendous amount from all the posts and insights. So everyone give yourself the proverbial pat on the back, you deserve it.
At the same time, I hope that everyone has been taking advantage of the wealth of info on CRE’s other boards. What I mean is, yes we are in the mobile home biz, but I for one like to jump on any opportunity to help, or streamline my business.
Just because someone has a good idea (which is not related directly to Mobile Home/ MH paper investing) that does not mean that as solid, intelligent Business Individuals we can not learn and use it.
The thing is every market is unique and has unique situations etc. And I am sure that we could all use constant modifications and ideas to make our businesses run more and more smoothly and efficiently and help us obtain maximum profits and yields in our collective endeavors.
So jump around a little folks.
Also a few other points I would like to address. I receive a lot a of emails, phone calls etc from folks out there from all over, in virtually every market all asking me the same thing…
How do you have so many contacts? Well I network. Continuously. One of the best ways to network and to obtain immediate answers to questions or a general dose of optimism is the CRE Chat room. Nightly it is simply full of folks just like you and me. Investors doing all this crazy stuff everyday.
Now I admit that since last Oct. I have not been as frequent a visitor to the Chat room as I SHOULD be (“Should be” because every time I tend to go in there I wind up meeting someone or getting involved in a scenario which makes me a buck or two.) Mainly because life tends to take up a lot of time. Myself I got married, started a couple of other businesses etc.
But my point is, you want to know people, you HAVE TO MAKE THE EFFORT and meet them. I love the Chat room, because you can meet a ton of people, very quickly.
Okay well I’ll get off my soap box now (lol) , but seriously folks sometimes the best ideas can be found right in front of us.
Dirk

Re: Some Thoughts on getting New ideas and Meeting People - Posted by bwhite-tn

Posted by bwhite-tn on May 22, 2000 at 17:42:48:

I wholeheartedly agree. I like to look at things as simple as Lonnie says. Learn and apply the ideas and concepts. If you don’t like Mobile Homes find something you do like. I like you do like MH’s.

I also like notes. Especially the small ones you can buy cheap and fix up then sell as a portfolio for double or triple your investment.

An open mind with open eyes and ears and a closed mouth
can lead one to success beyond their comfort level when they apply what they learn.

Good Investing,

Bobby

P S We don’t want to intrude on your money making but
we sure miss your post when you stay away so long

Fixing up notes? - Posted by Bob-MD

Posted by Bob-MD on May 24, 2000 at 19:44:46:

I haven’t done anything with notes yet, but am curious about what you mean by fixing up notes and selling as a portfolio. Are these the notes you are holding on MHs you have sold?

Bob