Someone please answer... - Posted by JohnL(FL)

Posted by Randy on September 03, 2003 at 12:26:19:

Robert Allen is well thought of in the creative real estate circles. If I were in the area, I would go. The worst that will happen is you?ll spend $80-$90 bucks for some information. Don?t think for one minute this won?t be a pitch for additional programs; these people are not going to stand up there and knock themselves out for $89? Several of the speakers ?Dwan Bent-Twyford & Sharon Restrepo? have courses on this site. IMHO go?

Someone please answer… - Posted by JohnL(FL)

Posted by JohnL(FL) on September 03, 2003 at 11:33:28:

Ok, since no one answered my question yesterday I’ll try again.

Does anyone have info regarding Robert Allen and his “Real Estate Navigators” expo/seminars? He’s coming to Pensacola and I wondered if it would be worth the time and money to hear what he has to say. I’ve included a link to the website announcing the event. http://www.renavigators.com/

Two things struck me about this website. One, unlike other REI gurus who come to town and offer free seminars with hopes of selling you on their tapes or live training, there is a charge for this seminar. Two, there appears to be a “Real Estate Navigators” group which holds monthly meetings.

Any info ya’ll can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Someone please answer… - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 03, 2003 at 13:36:36:

I like Robert Allen. I took his 3-day RE course 25 years ago. I think his books are still of value.

The thing is that I haven’t heard about him teaching anything different than he did twenty-five years ago; he occasionally adds new window dressing. In the interim, web sites such as CREonline.com have made many generalized real estate courses, including Robert Allen’s, superfluous. The good courses are specialized, and there aren?t too many of those.

It might be worth $90 if Robert Allen actually shows up to lecture personally. I?m certain that you will be given many chances to sign up for additional services, both before and for an extended period after the club meeting.

From the URL, I don?t understand the differences between a regularly meeting local CREI group and a Real Estate Navigators club meeting. Are the REN meetings monthly?

I have no problem paying for advice, but I?d expect more than a telemarketer who?s read the same books that I have. I want to speak with people who are smarter than me and more insightful, or who have more experience in an area than I do; preferably to one person who is smarter and more insightful and who has more experience. I?d be cautious about signing up for the extended tour.