Sometimes being a landlord sucks!!!!!!! - Posted by Thom

And believe me, down here (FL) they stack’em & rack’em…if they can get away with it. - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on December 22, 1999 at 10:50:03:

ESPECIALLY during the harvesting season when fruit pickers or tomator harvestors (and their families) moving into the area from Texas or whereever.

They get ‘their foot in the door’ and move into a small rental…then the rest of them dash thru the back door when you’re not lookin’.

We had CONTINUOUS complaints from this one tenant that their electric burners kept burning out on their stoves. About the time they ‘fried’ the SECOND used stove, I decided to drop by and do a little investigating.

I walked in and found a ‘picnic-type’ environment set up in their kitchen! Complete with a full-sized picnic table with people from the farm crew (shoulder to shoulder at the table) scarfing up whatever the wife was cooking like there was no tomorrow! Manja Manja, I guess…

THEN I discovered the ‘problem’ with the stove. The wife was allowing her pots to continually boil over onto the heating elements (and NEVER cleaning them).

Kenny and I came up with a plan after that (that worked). The third used stove we put into their unit, we GAVE to them. Said ‘take it with you when you move; it’s yours’.

And guess what! They took care of THAT one and there was never another problem after that.

Oh Susan, How Do You Take It???(nt) - Posted by Hugh James

Posted by Hugh James on December 22, 1999 at 11:37:40:

nt