Source for Low Cost Credit Reports? - Posted by Todd_OH

Posted by Tim Jensen on July 27, 2002 at 14:51:51:

Barbara,

I looked over the last report and I did not see a score on there. I am sure depending on the reporting agency you get, you can get one. However, it doesn’t usually take a credit score to determine if someone is a credit risk. You will be able to tell if they pay their bills and if they are over leveraged.

Tim

Source for Low Cost Credit Reports? - Posted by Todd_OH

Posted by Todd_OH on July 26, 2002 at 14:35:37:

Folks:

I am looking for a source for Low Cost Credit Reports to use for Tenant Screening. The cheapest I have found are running $10 per report. That means if I want to run all 3 bureaus, we’re looking at $30 per person. Anyone see any better deals out there?

Thanks in advance,

Todd_OH

Cheap credit reporst here - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on July 27, 2002 at 08:57:21:

Todd,

I pay only $5.00 per credit report. Or $15 for all three. I only run one report because chances are they will be pretty much be the same. The company I use is “U.D. Registry INC.”. They charge a one time set-up fee of $25.00(i think) and only $5.00 a reprot. No minumum.
They send out their software for free too.

Here is their number 1 (800) 464-1007

Tim

Do more than Credit Reports? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on July 26, 2002 at 21:29:08:

A low cost credit report will tell you about their credit. A trimerge will cover all the bureaus. But they will not tell you of criminal convictions or past history of renting. Use somebody like National Tenant Network to check out everything.

Yes, it will cost about $27 but what will it save you if you don’t make a mistake and rent to the wrong person.

Re: Source for Low Cost Credit Reports? - Posted by Buck

Posted by Buck on July 26, 2002 at 18:27:47:

Todd,

Are you talking rental units or tenant buyers?

Around here, apartment complexes charge $35.00 non-refundable application fee and check one credit beaurogh.

Dad checks the credit from only one source for his girlfriends apartment. However, he is a loan officer, and when he gets a loan applicant, they check one sorce and pre-qualify the buyer. Later they run a $80+ report before closing. I think with that report the beaurogh checks all others and verifies the credit on each account.

Good luck.
Buck

Re: Source for Low Cost Credit Reports? - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on July 26, 2002 at 17:15:56:

We charge potential tenants for tenant screening reports. We always tell the potential tenant what will disqualify them before taking money. This process has become a profit center, and less waste.

Re: Cheap credit reporst here - Posted by Barbara FL

Posted by Barbara FL on July 27, 2002 at 10:17:43:

Do their reports give you a credit score also?

Thanks!
Barbara

Re: Do more than Credit Reports? - Posted by Kathi (OH)

Posted by Kathi (OH) on July 27, 2002 at 10:08:34:

Ohio criminal convictions are now available for free at the Ohio department of Rehabillitation and Corrections web site: www.drc.state.oh.us/search2.htm
For Lucas County Dockets go to the Lucas County web site. Look at right side bar.