Sources of "real estate paper" - Posted by Ryan

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on December 09, 1998 at 11:37:28:

I know John will answer this, but I just wanted to mention that this is covered in his 5 day boot camp videos, if you’re thinking of investing in some educational materials. At that time, his best resources were Newspaper ads and Realtors, but maybe that’s changed over the past few years. He has several excellent ideas in his course.

Stacy

Sources of “real estate paper” - Posted by Ryan

Posted by Ryan on December 08, 1998 at 21:08:09:

What are some of the most affective methods for obtaining leads on “real estate paper”? Is a newspaper advertisement affective? How about an advertisement in a grocery store, yellow pages, etc…?

Still agents and classified - but more - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on December 09, 1998 at 16:39:49:

Agents are still my best source and I still run a daily classified ad. I have expanded the ways I work with agents substantially. I teach continuing education courses for the state of Utah on real estate paper. It is the only course available. After 3 hours in my course, they wouldn’t consider going to anyone else.

I broadcast a fax out once a month to all brokerages and some agent’s private fax machines. Once a month doesn’t seem to bother anyone and I vary the ad so that it doesn’t look the same.

I also work a great deal from referrals. I receive referrals from mortgage companies. They know my abilities to provide their borrower cash or arrange private debt consolidation is very valuable. I teach them what I can do to help them in the areas of changing the borrower’s debt ratios, providing more cash for closing or even boosting their income through “Benefit Structured” financing (Amortized Partials).

I also receive many referrals from the graduates of all the infomercial seminars. Since I am a funding source they call me and they know I am a source for the type of notes no one else will look at. They also know I can move at lightning speed and have ready cash if needed.