South Florida! - Posted by Rick

Posted by phil fernandez on June 30, 2002 at 20:46:17:

Rick,

I’m not from South Florida, but you know, this stuff works anywhere if you learn the techniques and apply them to your marketplace. Now you might have to tweak a technique here or there, but this stuff does work. I have met people from all over the country at the CREOnline conventions and believe me they are making some serious money.

So it’s not a case of whether this stuff works in your market. It’s a case of you wanting it enough to make it work in your market.

South Florida! - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on June 30, 2002 at 19:38:36:

I am just beginning to do research into real estate investments. I have read a lot of information on this site as well as others. I would like to know if there is anyone in the south Florida area implementing any of the courses on flipping properties or investing successfully on their own. I believe this would be my immediate interest considering cash flow.

Re: South Florida! - Posted by JJJ - FL

Posted by JJJ - FL on July 01, 2002 at 17:19:45:

I’m in Dade County (Miami). I took the RE licensing class, and I’m getting ready for the state test (if they ever get around to approving my application…d*mn slow gov’t workers).

I plan to hang my license with a local realtor/broker, and use my MLS access to concentrate primarily on wholesaling, and rehabs.

JJJ - FL

Re: South Florida! - Posted by Dave FL

Posted by Dave FL on July 01, 2002 at 07:04:42:

I am in Broward and have been investigating the market here for about four weeks. There are tons of resources here as well as people that have done CREI in the area. People seem to be into Mobile homes, flipping and rehabbing down here. I am sure that Carleton would kill me if he saw this, but there are still a few landlords out there like him. He has about 180 properties in the Palm Beach County database, not to mention around the nation.

My mentor has mentioned that since my liquid $ is low, our objective right now is to get some in a fairly short amount of time.

Get a hold of the local REI clubs and go to their meetings. Good luck and you have my email.

Dave FL

Re: South Florida! - Posted by Dan-Fl

Posted by Dan-Fl on July 01, 2002 at 05:45:47:

If you work it,then it works great in Fl or anywhere else.Its all up to you.