Specific Laws for Georgia - Posted by Jeff Short

Posted by Lihi on December 29, 2000 at 12:51:35:

Hello, Jason!
Please let me know where do you go to get such a license. (I’m in south CA) Hope there’s alike place here. Please repond.
Lihi

Specific Laws for Georgia - Posted by Jeff Short

Posted by Jeff Short on December 27, 2000 at 21:24:45:

Hi all…

Well, instead of starting a MH business in an area that I don’t think had alot of competition (Delaware), I am moving to an area that I feel has alot of competition (Georgia - specifically Alpharetta). I have no basis for this observation, just a hunch…

In any rate, I am still pursuing the idea of Buying/Selling MHs as a business on the side. However, I would like to know if there are any specific rules/regulations in Georgia that I need to be aware of.

In addition, I would like to get in contact with any investors that are in the Georgia area.

Thanks!

Re: Specific Laws for Georgia - Posted by Jason_ga

Posted by Jason_ga on December 28, 2000 at 19:37:02:

Jeff, I am a full time investor,ironically from Alpharetta, Ga. too…Here you need a dealers license to sell more than three units a year.The license required takes about 30 days to get and is $100.00.Let me know when you get here and we shall talk.

Re: Specific Laws for Georgia - Posted by cc

Posted by cc on December 28, 2000 at 19:15:48:

I went to a sales class in Columbia SC a few months ago. The instructor told a story about a man that had a hard time geting licensed in SC. He said the man opened a dealorship in GA becouse the license laws were less strict. Other than that I kn ow nothing about GA laws.