Stamped Concrete - Posted by SandyFL

Posted by Bert G on May 20, 2000 at 12:02:18:

Quoth Sandy: “I don’t know what “regular” concrete costs…”

I had a 10X20 driveway and a single-car slab poured this fall, and it ran about $4,000. This inclued cutting the curb for the driveway, and we have to make slabs fairly thick here in the cold country, so your mileage amy vary. The contractor accidentally left behind the invoice from the redy-mix company, and his cost for the mud was a little over half the total job cost.

BG in ND

Stamped Concrete - Posted by SandyFL

Posted by SandyFL on May 16, 2000 at 21:29:10:

Does anyone have a ballpark idea of what this costs per sq ft?

SandyFL

Just curious, but what is it? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 17, 2000 at 13:45:35:

thanks,
Jim IL

Double the price of unstamped (nt) - Posted by David

Posted by David on May 17, 2000 at 08:19:23:

Re: Just curious, but what is it? - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on May 17, 2000 at 15:48:20:

Jim,
you always have such good answers for everybody, here’s one back at you.

they add some coloring to the cement while wet and can make it any color, red, brown, and gray are popular choices. then after poured and while still wet they use molds to make shapes in the surface of the concrete to look like stone, brick, cobbles, or other shapes.
it cheaper than an actual brick or stone driveway or walk but more expensive than just plain or concrete.

Re: Just curious, but what is it? - Posted by SandYFL

Posted by SandYFL on May 17, 2000 at 22:36:42:

http://www.art-crete.com/stamped_concrete/stamped_concrete.htm

Jim, the above URL is a great example of stamped concrete. On the same site they also show you examples of other concrete treatments like acid stain, knockdown, and stampable polymer.

David, I have some old stained concrete that does not respond to chemical or pressure washing and rather than just painting it, I figured I’d check into this. Alot of homes in Fla feature it on driveways and sidewalks and it looks super.

I don’t know what “regular” concrete costs so if you could enlighten me further, it would be appreciated. You sound like you are in the business. :slight_smile:

SandyFL