Start up company needs advice. - Posted by Ms. Jasmine Willois

Posted by Sue (NC) on January 18, 1999 at 18:48:15:

I too, am guilty of lazy typing…but that SHIFT key can be useful sometimes.

I think the post refers to standard contracts published and approved by the local Real Estate Commission, versus contracts on the subject of commissions.

The Commission may or may not be receptive to sharing their forms. In Raleigh, NC, the RE Commission phone listing is located in the government section of the phone book. The NC standard form is jointly approved by the RE Commission and the BAR association- so you could probably contact a lawyer to get this form as well.

An office supply store will probably have some standard contracts, but they may NOT be specific to your state.

Start up company needs advice. - Posted by Ms. Jasmine Willois

Posted by Ms. Jasmine Willois on January 18, 1999 at 15:54:11:

Hello,

I recently started a new real estate acquistion and management firm with 5 other affluent,energetic & motivated professionals. We recently saw a how-to about flipping or reassigning contracts.-written by Jackie Lange We are interested in finding examples of real estate commission contracts. We are located in New Jersey and would be forever grateful to any advice or pointers concerning our growth process and what to expect.

I am missing something here. - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on January 18, 1999 at 16:48:05:

If you are an acquisition firm, why do you need anything at all about real estate commission contracts?

If you are using RE brokers to acquire your properties, you will be paying retail (or close to it) for your properties.

If you make friends with a number of brokers and let them know what you are looking for, you will negotiate with that broker what commission you will pay. In this instance, I am speaking of a buyers’ broker.

If you are looking at a listed property, the commission rate has been negotiated between the listing broker and the seller. As such you have NO opportunity to negotiate the commission rate. Price, yes…commission rate, no.

I’ll leave myself open to be educated by other members of this board.

Cordially,

Roy MacLean
“Soapymac”