Starting in the business... - Posted by Tim (OH)

Posted by Tim (OH) on November 10, 1998 at 14:39:09:

As you may know (from a previous post), I purchased your video bootcamp tape series. I have studied 9 out the 14 tapes, so far. It may be premature but, I have already begun marketing my business to:

1. Those offering properties for sale. Explaining how taking back seller financing makes for a quicker sale and that they have someone to help structure the notes and possibly purchase (if not just make the note more salable) the properly structured notes for a good price.

2. Those offering “Land Contract” sales.

3. Sellers of Mobile Homes. Explaining the difficulties of selling for cash due to inadequate financing options and their ability to seller finance and sell the note. I have Lonnie’s books and I think I have a good understanding of the Mobile Home business.

I would like to pursue builders and remodelers next. How do I approach this market? I have spent 20 years in the construction business, so I can talk to these people but, I assume they already have financing options in place. Do I just offer to quote individual notes? Do I make arrangements for a general, long term arrangement based on criteria, size and qualification? Do you have a sample mailing that may peak their interest? What is your experience with this market.

I intend to finish your course in the next week. I’ll probably have to review it at least one more time, but I don’t want to be paralyzed by the analysis. I’m hoping I’ll recognize the good deals and learn the analysis as the deals present themselves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim