Starting L/O - need help - Posted by Tim Johnson

Posted by Paul on March 27, 2000 at 23:43:29:

Yes…Don’t Quit!

Starting L/O - need help - Posted by Tim Johnson

Posted by Tim Johnson on March 27, 2000 at 21:54:03:

I am starting to do sandwich leases. In search of deals, I placed an ad in the paper Homes For Sale section,“CAN’T SELL;CONSIDER LEASE/PURCHASE”. I got very few responses in two weeks. I plan to try sending postcards to sellers/landlords and doing some cold calling. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tim Johnson

Re: Starting L/O - need help - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on March 28, 2000 at 01:08:49:

I agree with Jim that the term ‘lease/purchase’ is too
ambiguous from the seller’s standpoint…why not just say “selling? I buy houses: no equity, no problem!” This should really target prime candidates for lease/options…when they call, just ask if you can make payments to them until you can buy their home. Try not to mention lease/purchase until they’ve warmed to the idea…this is Joe Kaiser’s idea and it works!

Re: Starting L/O - need help - Posted by Jim Holmes

Posted by Jim Holmes on March 27, 2000 at 23:52:58:

Tim,

You might try an ad: “I buy houses, call Tim ph#.” I think some people see lease options in your ad and it scares them off. Change your ad to get a response. Find out the seller’s needs and then pitch them the lease option as a way to solve their problems. A dual offer is a good way to go…65% of value or market value on a L/O to help them get out from under it.

Just a thought. Good luck!

-Jim from Idaho