stephanchicks calling back tonight,help - Posted by mary

Posted by Jon Richards on December 09, 2000 at 13:54:20:

Texas is definitely a Tax Lien state, and one of the best.

Jon Richards,
NOteWorthy Publisher
415 824 1864

stephanchicks calling back tonight,help - Posted by mary

Posted by mary on December 05, 2000 at 06:08:50:

got a call from stephanchicks office.seems the fee dropped drastic from a trainer to a home study course.anyone taken it?does it offer any more than what we have here?hes calling back tonight for my money.i want to learn the paper buying so bad and i can see where it will work but i have my fears that im missing alot that i havent learned yet.he is offering to put me in touch with his own buyers.but ann does that too,right?i know there are alot of real estate buying and selling techniques and everyone sells their ways,do you suppose this is the same material just being packaged from another teacher?i tend to lean towards this web for my info and trust this web with my instincts 100%.is there a home study course with this web?and doesnt ann buy notes?

Re: stephanchicks calling back tonight,help - Posted by James

Posted by James on December 09, 2000 at 08:19:06:

I would like to know if Texas is a tax lien state. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

James

Re: stephanchicks calling back tonight,help - Posted by Jon Richards

Posted by Jon Richards on December 06, 2000 at 20:23:48:

Great Advice from David Butler, Tony and Terry Vaughan. I am always suspicious of sellers of product who high pressure the sale.

NoteWorthy has a list of all the institutional note buyers at www.nbdc.net. I recommend you contact Private Mortgage Investment Services, Metropolitan Mortgage, Poser Investments and ask for Broker Packages. Broker packages are free and will give you a great feel for the industry.

Next buy an inexpensive financial calculator (about $30) and learn to calculate the payments on a loan. If that’s easy, but our book, Calculator Power from this site. It’s $39 and will show you where the profits are in the note business. If you like all that you can buy an inexpensive, and complete home study course right here at CRE online for only $295.

Hope that helps.

Jon Richards,
Publisher, NoteWorthy newsletter
415 824 1864

Re: stephanchicks calling back tonight,help - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on December 05, 2000 at 16:26:56:

Mary,

I have no experience with Stephanchick’s material, so I cannot make any comments on it, however, I wanted to make a suggestion.

It seems that the fact that his office is calling you has placed you under some stress. Why make a puchase decision under that condition? If you are not comfortable that his course offers what you want/need, then hold off. Simply don’t give them any money. Do a little research and then decide. You won’t likely miss out any offer that you can’t negotiate later. They want to sell material. If they want to sell them that badly, they will call back.

In the meantime, take control and do some homework. You may very well find out his material is best for you, but at least you will have proven this to yourself and not have had someone convince you.

There is no rush. Take your time and read up. The note business isn’t going anywhere.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA

Re: stephanchicks calling back tonight,help - Posted by David Butler

Posted by David Butler on December 05, 2000 at 14:09:53:

Hello Mary,

Terry is right. The key to success in the note business is LEARNING it. How you learn it is up to you, but I personally prefer things simple and inexpensive… and I find that the harder I work at self-study, the more I actually learn and retain - which in turn makes it easier to figure things out for myself on a deal-by-deal basis.

The link Terry provided you will take you to a list of books and courses that should give you an excellent starting point. Keep in mind that CREO offers a 60 day return privilege… more than enough time for someone to study and evaluate a book or course on Its merits, and what it does for you personally. So, if one book feels better to you, keep it. If another doesn’t, return it.

The important thing is to build a reference library that works for you, that you can relate to - and have it available for use during your daily note investing activities. You might also find the reply I made to Randy’s post, TO MANY CHOICES (dated September 27, 2000) to be a very useful roadmap in laying down your gameplan for moving ahead in the note business. The reply can be found in ANN’s archives in the Discussion Group at:

By the way, ANN itself does not purchase notes, although various of Its principals, including myself, do purchase notes individually. ANN provides a network for other investors to purchase notes as well. And, here on CREO, both Terry and Ed Garcia purchase notes, as do a number of the other followers of this discussion group, including my co-host here at the Cash Flow Forum (Jon Richards of NoteWorthy).

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

David P. Butler

Re: stephanchicks calling back tonight,help - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on December 05, 2000 at 12:18:09:

Mary:

Try this link for information and learning information for a whole lot less!

http://www.creonline.com/m_paper.htm

This forum has two extremly expierenced people hosting it.

PLUS, there are thousands of “note players” who hang out here everyday, who are more than willing to help you learn the business.