Steps to Mobile home investing - Posted by jay

Posted by Bill n Callahan on June 06, 2000 at 14:53:46:

Jay you can also find a wealth of information in Ernest Tews’ book entitled ‘HOW TO GET RICH HELPING OTHERS’ Bill n CALLAHAN

Steps to Mobile home investing - Posted by jay

Posted by jay on June 06, 2000 at 10:15:57:

How would I go about buying and selling mobile home…could someone please explain…Would I have my own corporation? should I scan news papers or visit the mobile home parks? etc…

Re: Steps to Mobile home investing - Posted by Kristine

Posted by Kristine on June 06, 2000 at 14:53:46:

Read as much of this message board as you can stand. After you read Lonnie’s book(s), read the messages again. There is a ton of information right here on this board. Also, after you get the idea of Lonnie’s kind of deals, check out the CREonline Notes and Paper Forum message board.

Also, driving around mobil homes parks and getting to know your area is a very good idea. Find out which parks are family parks, which parks are 55+ parks. See if there are vacancies and check out your paper for what people think they can sell them for. You can do all this while you’re waiting for the books. You can check out the website, www.bigbook.com and do a distance search. Enter mobile home parks and your address and a distance (10 miles or whatever) and it will find all the parks within that distance, with directions to get there!

Good luck–Kristine

Re: Steps to Mobile home investing - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on June 06, 2000 at 13:29:35:

The first step is to buy the book Deals On Wheels by Lonnie Scruggs. That’s how most of us got started. You can order it on this website. Its only $30. This book covers the basics on how to get started. Don’t even think about buying a mobile home or talking to any park managers until you’ve read this book twice. DOW will answer a lot of the questions you probably have right now. While you’re waiting for the book, read all of the How To articles by Lonnie and Ernest Tew.

Don’t worry about incorporating yet. There’s plenty of time for that after you get started.

Karl Kleiner