Steve Cook's "System" - Posted by Ricky Gibson

Posted by SCook85 on March 03, 2000 at 12:40:34:

Ricky,

I know things get twisted a little when a story gets passed from one person to the next. If I recall correctly I stated that I never go to the courthouse. I wouldn’t know my way around it and would probably get thrown out for screwing up their records.

I target mostly target properties listed on the MLS. I go after foreclosures and fixer uppers. I sometimes send others out to take a look at the properties for me and pay them to do evaluations. Other times I make low ball offers site unseen. It all depends upon how much inventory I need and how much time I have. I will be making about 60-70 offers between now and Monday. Some site unseen, others will be inspected by others, and maybe I’ll look at a few myself.
When I lowball offers on site unseen homes, I’m just trying to narrow down the playing field. I’m waiting for realistic counter offers then I go out to look at the homes. Sometimes my offers get accepted right away, then I get this big lump in my throat because I’m wondering what I bought (but I’m offering so low it doesn’t really matter and can’t hurt me). I don’t advise that everyone does what I do. I’m in a position now to handle volume business and I need to do what I have to do until I get my systems running. Hopefully soon I’ll have people at the courthouse for me as well.

Happy Investing!

Steve

Steve Cook’s “System” - Posted by Ricky Gibson

Posted by Ricky Gibson on March 02, 2000 at 11:32:15:

I was talking to a gentleman at lunch on Sunday afternoon at one of the hotel resturants. I think his name was Lusiano, Lou for short. (I can’t find his card to save my life), from FL. Owns a computer company. Anyway, he was telling me about a conversation he had with Steve Cook about how he markets his business. How he hires someone to go to the courthouse or the bank, I forget which one, brings him a list, maybe someone else calls on the lists, anyway after the list has been narrowed down he goes to make the offers. Steve, can you help me out, I know I screwed that up bad. I have a few friends that are feeding off my energy and want to be a part of this. If you could give me the details I could probaly put them to work, and help change their lives the way mine was changed. Thanks in advance. God Bless.