Stumbling block - Posted by Wes (MI)

Posted by Mike on September 17, 2004 at 06:55:00:

I’d first try to find someone that could move it cheaper than $3800. The last one I had moved it cost me $1300, which I thought was still sorta high for about two and a half hours work,Includeing moveing time.

Stumbling block - Posted by Wes (MI)

Posted by Wes (MI) on September 16, 2004 at 10:42:10:

I located a park with great potential to do business with but the only problem is the owner. I filled out the application and got all required papers together for my approval. Tried to sell myself in a positive manor to the park by sending a letter along with my application as requested by management explaining I could help the park fill abandon homes and find quality buyers. I received a call from the PM telling me she had spoken to the owner and I could come and pick up my $50 bucks because I wont be living in the home and dont have a brokers license so they wont be running my application.

Should I call and request an explanation and try to explain myself how I think this could be a great opportunity for everyone involved. Or should I just move on? These park owners and managers are a real BRICK WALL for me.

I am also attending the seminar in Atlanta because I refuse to give up!!!

Re: Stumbling block - Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ

Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ on September 16, 2004 at 13:23:25:

Let’s expand on Tony’s idea.

If you think the home is a good deal, go ahead and buy it… but move it to another park (find one that will take it first, place a deposit on the home to hold it while you do).

Go back next month (or whenever) and do the same thing again. In about 6 months or so, this park’s owners and PM will start to get the message.

Just a thought.

Re: Stumbling block - Posted by JP(SC)

Posted by JP(SC) on September 16, 2004 at 13:00:11:

Just a thought here…

There is no substitute for a face-to-face meeting. If their only contact with you was through the letter you sent, then that is the most likely reason you were denied. You are asking them to do something different from their norm. You want to meet them face-to-face and ease their fears and show that you are an honest person. Call them back and tell them you would like to meet with them to explain yourself a little better.

Re: Stumbling block - Posted by Tony-VA/NC

Posted by Tony-VA/NC on September 16, 2004 at 10:48:04:

Wes,

The park manager is the best source of deals for a Lonnie dealer. They can make or break your business in a park. If the owner or manager has proven unwilling or unable to work with you, waste no more time there. Go on to greener pastures where the owner and manager realize the value you provide.

In many cases, if you are in the business for awhile, the park owner that turned you down may come calling to see if you can help them out.

Some investors have made a business of buying and moving homes out of parks where owners either burned them or refused to work with them. Eventually the owner saw the light or lost a great deal of business.

For now, just head on over to the next park and keep doing so until you find both ingredients, the owner/manager will allow you to work in their park and the park has lonnie deal homes for you to work with.

Tony

Re: Stumbling block - Posted by Wes (MI)

Posted by Wes (MI) on September 16, 2004 at 15:19:26:

That makes sense in all but it all costs. I made out a purchase agreement with the owner of the 14x70 for $2000 which I believe is an awesome deal. It is in great condition. I mean I couldnt find anything wrong with it.

Tear down, move and set up in another park about 5 miles away excluding electrical is about $3800. This is only the 2nd deal I have gotten involved with. I was going to sell it for $699 down, $257 mo, 36 mos.

How much could I sell it for? I dont mind putting out the money for a good deal and getting my point across but it has to be worth the cost and effort. I couldnt see selling it for more than $9000.

How much does it normally cost to move homes?

LYFDTW - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on September 16, 2004 at 15:47:25:

let your fingers do the walking

get it?

Re: Stumbling block - Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ

Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ on September 16, 2004 at 15:40:41:

It’s YOUR market… you should know the answers.

($3800 sounds abit high to me).