stupid question re: email - Posted by kelly

Posted by GlennAL on January 08, 2001 at 20:25:44:

Kelly,

Not sure what you are referring to “says I have to set on news and preference my email address” but if you are using explorer, just click on the persons name

Posted by kelly on January 08, 2001 at 18:49:50:

on the top of the post when you open it. Mine automatically opens an email window (in outlook)that shows up at the bottom of my screen in the toolbar. I’m sure there are variations in this, because everyone’s computers are set up different.
Hope this doesn’t confuse you more!

stupid question re: email - Posted by kelly

Posted by kelly on January 08, 2001 at 18:49:50:

how do I set it so that I can respond by email to a post? says I have to set on news and preference my email address, but where is that?

kellyaz

First, 2 questions - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on January 08, 2001 at 20:43:55:

1)What Internet browser are you using (Internet Explorer, Netscape - I hope you’re using IE; it’s much easier to fix your problem)?

1. What application do you use to read and send email? AOL, Outlook, Outlook Express, Yahoo, etc. ? If you click on the name like Glenn suggests and the application that runs your email doesn’t pop up, you may have to configure your browser to use your email application.

Let us know.

Re: stupid question re: email - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on January 08, 2001 at 20:34:44:

That depends on what Internet Browser you’re using:

IE (Internet Explorer) - go to view (top of your screen)>Internet Options>click on the ‘Programs’ tab and select the email you’re using under ‘Mail:’ (I think only AOL, Outlook, Outlook Express, and Netscape Messenger are available. Anything outside of that you will have to go directly into it and email.)

Netscape - much harder. You actually have to know the name of your email servers. Sorry can’t help you here. If you have it installed. You may be better using IE. It’s much easier to navigate the Web with (my opinion).

Hope this helps!